Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need help picking 3 gun shotgun.

rmj339

The Benelli M2 is the most popular from what I've seen, but a lot of people, me included, are using the Stoeger M3000. Second to those seems to be the Remington Versamax.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Edited by Lazr111

Talk to your buddies at the local matches, and see if anyone is upgrading and selling their old shotguns. If you don't mind buying used, you can save a lot of money. Now, as far as which one? The M2 is a great gun and very popular, I currently shoot a Versamax tactical I bought used, and love it. I also know the Versamax has a few parts that are known for wearing out. Since it's an M2 clone, most Benelli parts fit in it, I watched for them to go on sale and have no more than $100 into spare parts,just in case I have an issue later. The Beretta is also pretty popular since it's almost ready out of the box. The FN SLP is also a good gun, but I don't know a lot about them. The Browning A5 is becoming the gun to get at my local club. The A5 is the only gun that auto loads when you run it dry. This can save you some time on the stages. All of these are great choices, and you would probably would be happy with any of them. If you were buying new, and price wasn't an issue, I would go with a Browning A5 and have it professionally modified. Plan onspending $1600 if buying new once it's modified. If you can settle for used, any of the ones I mentioned will work great for you. It would really depend on the price and condition of the gun. It's not uncommon to see used for 1/2 the price of a new model either. I hope this helps some.

Most 3 gun shotguns are going to be accessorized the same (or similar) - new sights, open the loading port, + capacity tube, a couple chokes, and a matchsaver...

The differences really come down to operating system design and what the means for weight and recoil with regard to the shootability of a platform

In my experience, the gas guns Versamax & SLP Competition both shoot noticeably softer than the recoil operated shotguns like Benellis & the A5, but the Benellis and the A5 are considerably lighter guns...

As a shooter do you value lighter recoil or lighter guns? Personally I value lighter recoil and so I own a Versamax & now an FN SLP Competition

If you're getting into 3 Gun then you should really consider buying a "ready to go" out of the box competition gun because it will be a long time before you outgrow it

Head to your local match and ask to shoot a few different ones. Most people are more than happy to let you run a few rounds through theirs before you purchase one. I would rather lose an arm than sell my M2 which is crazy accurate with slugs and I have yet to have an issue with as long as I clean it every 500 rounds or so in 3 years.

You guys ever see anybody use a bullpup shotgun? I bought a UTS-12, mostly because it looked awesome, and figured it'd fit well. Talking with some folks at the USPSA match on Saturday, they didn't think so.

• 3 weeks later...