Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

What is this match? Well here is what it is. So many folks we run into have said...man I would have loved to be able to shoot the old SOF match. Well here is your chance. This is an exact S.O.F. style match put on by the same guys who did the last one, with almost the exact rule set......in other words you get a chance to shoot one!

Some ding dong on another forum stated that "these old farts really resist change". He completely misses the point of the match. It is for all the folks who really wanted to shoot one, now have the chance to really shoot one so they can see what it was really like with the gear and firearms rules of the match at that time.

BTW docmedic a 20" barreled JP CTR-02 with a TA-11 Trijicon scope, and Harris bi-pod and a nylon ching sling makes weight.

The rule about muzzle breaks 1"X3" was indeed a S.O.F. legal rule changed around 1998 due to the assault weapons ban of 1994. I was the one who made the ruling on 3" from the crown of the barrel forward, instead of over all length.

You old farts "are" resistant to change... and I wouldn't have it any other way. Count me in for this match for sure!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! HooRay!!!! YEEHAA!!!!

I am so happy this IS happening! I heard "rumor" of this event last year at Shot Show and had my fingers crossed that it would come to pass!!!!

Please, pleazse, please....may the "gods" of registrants grant me the good fortune of getting onto this event!

Thank you one and all for seeing this through!

....AND NOBODY HAS EVEN COMMENTED ON THE "The only permitted ammunition is #4 Buckshot (or larger) and slugs". SHOTGUN RULE!!!!

MY FIRST YEAR, i WAS SHOOTING #00BK RELOADS IN FIOCCHI DOVE HULLS (THRIFTY, YES?).

THAT BROUGHT ATTENTION FROM ALL THE WAY UP TO THE MATCH DIRECTOR, BEFORE VERIFICATION WAS CONDUCTED AND "FORGIVENESS" WAS ISSUED.....

The only thing I can see us using clay birds for might be a minefield; "one and you're done" :devil:

ericm

Edited by ericm

I do hope that this match does not turn into a "payback" for 3-gun gone astray..with stupid stuff just to rub peoples nose in it.

It would ruin my great memories of a great match!

I assure you Pat, It will not, that is not our intention.

J

I do hope that this match does not turn into a "payback" for 3-gun gone astray..with stupid stuff just to rub peoples nose in it.

It would ruin my great memories of a great match!

I assure you Pat, It will not, that is not our intention.

J

I should know that considering the cadre assembled to put on this event...ericm likes to stir a little and I thought I saw some ripples.

Looking forward to this event!

....headbutt a rhino.....yes...well let me tell a tale where ripple(s) may have been involved.....

...a couple of years into this, '97-'98, we were at the shooter's meeting which was drawing to a close. When asked if there was any other business, Mr. Bennie Cooley, on behalf of Armalite and others, mindful of the 1994 AWB in full swing, gave a very logical, measured presentation petitioning SOF to allow compensators on rifles due to the ban on flash hiders.

A slightly inebriated competitor gave a stirring rebuttal, which went something like this: "well, we shouldn't have.....compensators...... because.....well, this is.....well, dammit.....this is SOF!!!!" He proceeded to expand on his argument for a few more minutes, basically by repeating his opening statement several times in between sips and attempts to focus.

A vote was actually called for by the match staff from the competitors :surprise: (at this point, you could've colored me surprised)

The vote was overwhelmingly AGAINST allowing compensators.....

....even in the face of overwhelming logic and reason, things may not turn out the way you expect....

ericm

It hurts my sense of honor a bit that you would think that Pat. At no time would we have to do silly stuff. There are plenty of other matches that do that already!

Curtis I guaranty that targets will be visible for iron sight shooters. I am shooting in the stages, and we are going to do that more than once a day to make sure you can see them under all conditions. No, we aren't shooting it for score so chill about that too!

It's been a long time since I've seen people this enthusiastic about a match.

It's refreshing gentlemen. I had just about given up on 3 Gun after a few mishaps at the last

FNF match I shot and I am really looking forward to this.

Ok can someone with SOF experience explain what the typical stage loadout would be, from what I've been reading, I have the impression of it being Tuff Mudder with 3gun equipment. How "Physical" are the stages. we talking Andy Horner stage physical or RM3G physical (all up hill stages)? I see Eric made the comment about comp belt, in your opinion would you rather use a belt setup like you would for a 3gun match of todays standards or would you use a LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) belt slightly modified?

And Eric I think I still have some Green's when I was a Private, I'm pretty sure at this point if I try to put them on they would be consider as "Tight" as it gets. Don't tempt me!

Edited by DocMedic

I got really excited because the old SOF matches always come up as the standard all the time and this is my chance to experience that. Even better that its right here close by. Then reading the rules, I'm only 1/3 of the way to being able to compete because of barrel length. I'll buy all the buckshot I need to shoot a match and and buying another pistol that fits the criteria is already planned. I have to draw the line at buying a shotgun I wouldn't otherwise own though.

I got really excited because the old SOF matches always come up as the standard all the time and this is my chance to experience that. Even better that its right here close by. Then reading the rules, I'm only 1/3 of the way to being able to compete because of barrel length. I'll buy all the buckshot I need to shoot a match and and buying another pistol that fits the criteria is already planned. I have to draw the line at buying a shotgun I wouldn't otherwise own though.

I'm just gonna swap my barrel.

I'm thinking taking back a gun with a mysteriously shorter barrel is probably detrimental to health.

Swapping barrels is a great option for guys who already have one. Carlson's makes a barrel for my Nova, might be an option buts its far from cheap. Borrowing would be better. Going to have to see if I can get enough ducks in a row before the match fills up. Never went into this sport expecting it to be cheap.

Would a box-fed shotgun be allowed?

IF the barrel is less than 22"...

IF the magazine carriers / pouches meet all of the rules (remember, no hanging one off of your pocket for example)

See 4.8 and 5.7....

We hail the innovative (I remember seeing a few SPAS 12 shotguns back in the day..... and remember, the Choate shotshell caddy was designed for SOF))

So box it , baby, yeah!

ericm

So to clarify, a 1x red dot means playing in optic (scope) division and only true irons is allowed in irons division?

Can your squad mates help coach while you shoot or will they not be on the stage since it's semi surprise?

From listening to SOF stories, round counts were generally low but technical. Any idea what to expect? Trying to figure out what gear I currently have and how many mags, shells etc to plan on carrying

Edited by bishop414