Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

10 hours ago, Tarkeg said:

So in the letter, it states that there will be 2, 4 person teams to create each 8 person squad. My friend and I are a team of two.We'll be shooting in "Traditional" with our defensive gear and lots of camo. We both are competitive pistol shooters, and know how to run our long guns. Would there be a team of two coming that would like to squad up to be able to participate in the team shoot? If so PM me and maybe we can work it out.

I too have a team of two and would be happy to team up.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team qualifier and the team final shoot-offs can be shot by a 4 man team consisting of Traditional, Modern or any mix of the 2 classes.

We will try to have a Law Enforcement / Military team category and an Open category (everybody else) if we have enough teams.

It won't matter which class or mix of classes a team is comprised of.

As Carrie Henn said in Aliens: "It won't make any difference......." :devil:

ericm

A couple quick questions on buckshot targets before I go out and waste money on the wrong type of shells.    

What's the expected max distance we'll be shooting buckshot?  
What's the average distance?

Targets - knockdown steel OR paper (with reqt. for certain # of hits), OR something else altogether?  

I tested some buckshot today and learned there's a lot of variation between brands and types.  What works well on one target type won't work so well on another.  

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

My brother and I and everyone else we shot with used federal low recoil 9 pellet 00 Buck. It was the old LE load (LE132 00) (pre-flight control).

Any buckshot is legal from #4 Buck and larger. There were those that tried gaming everything, even back then :o and brought copious amounts of every flavor.

That said, targets can be falling steel OR paper, distances out to "practical range of Buckshot", say 35yards +/-; know your patterns was and is the watchword:devil:.

I screwed up one time by choking up and put neat patterns BETWEEN all the targets, when just regular would have given me at least some hits.

Testing is good, variation is expected, functioning is paramount.:devil:

ericm

3 hours ago, ericm said:

My brother and I and everyone else we shot with used federal low recoil 9 pellet 00 Buck. It was the old LE load (LE132 00) (pre-flight control).

Any buckshot is legal from #4 Buck and larger. There were those that tried gaming everything, even back then :o and brought copious amounts of every flavor.

That said, targets can be falling steel OR paper, distances out to "practical range of Buckshot", say 35yards +/-; know your patterns was and is the watchword:devil:.

I screwed up one time by choking up and put neat patterns BETWEEN all the targets, when just regular would have given me at least some hits.

Testing is good, variation is expected, functioning is paramount.:devil:

ericm

Thanks for the info Eric.  What choke did you guys normally run back in the day?    

To name a few, "Roberts Ridge", "Captain Rhodes, Winning Hearts and Minds" and "Pistol Crossfire Meets Junkyard Jumble". These stages are set and we know you will like them ALL! Only a 2 more to build, and then it's GO time!

Again, you will be traveling over some uneven terrain, please wear proper footwear, and knee and elbow pads are recommended for this match. We did figure ways to get people much closer to the stages, which is a good thing in this case.

Extra special thanks to the Millers for their help with set up!

Jimmy

CD

We shot in the the stages that are now on the ground. All I can say is this is the type of shooting I consider 3-gun! I would pay the entire entry fee to shoot the team stage all by it's self! What a blast you are going to have. As mentioned bring knee and elbow pads! A real good ZERO! and some hard holding, your skill sets are really going to be challenged!

Now that the stages are on the ground... and shot in... can we expect an adjustment to the general round count provided in an earlier post (Rifle - 200, Pistol - 200 Buckshot - 100, Slugs - 25).  I don't have a good frame of reference for Jimmy's comment to the effect of... "...should be enough."

No, I would say that is plenty, I wouldn't bring much less, but you can shave a bit of buckshot and slugs and still be ok. Those counts stand as a great guide. I went through 230 rifle for shoot in, but I shot a couple of them multiple times. Ran out about 80 rounds of 45 as well, but I let my brother shoot in the shotgun stages. There was some ballistic playing that went on as well ;)

5 hours ago, kurtm said:

No, I would say that is plenty, I wouldn't bring much less, but you can shave a bit of buckshot and slugs and still be ok. Those counts stand as a great guide. I went through 230 rifle for shoot in, but I shot a couple of them multiple times. Ran out about 80 rounds of 45 as well, but I let my brother shoot in the shotgun stages. There was some ballistic playing that went on as well ;)

Hey Kurt, Rookie (above) said 25 slugs, but the last "official letter" showed 50 slugs. Which amount is closer to reality?

Thanks!

Right now, the ammo count is:

53 pistol, 63 rifle/carbine,12 BS, 4 slug

If you shoot the team qualification, you will shoot, 16 pistol/2, 10 rifle/carbine, 3 buckshot and 3 slug ONLY!

There are 2 more stages to be constructed. I would expect a shotgun/pistol, and 1 stage with all 3 guns.

On 8/21/2016 at 8:05 PM, ericm said:

I used a Milt Sparks IWB Summer Special for '95 and '96

I used a Bladetech original holster made to SOF spec (concealable option) from then on....(still do)

I used an M12 holster one time on a stage where they made you roll out from under a table; you could not "crab" out, only roll (right over your pistol and gear).

It can be argued that modern belt systems are our "field gear" nowadays, since they aren't used for concealment. 

So if your rig is an ELS inner/outer system with dropped and offset holster that otherwise meets the rules of section 5 (retention, not cut below ejection port, etc.) that's fine.

Pistols must be worn on every stage, whether used or not, so continuous wear still means something at this match, as does gear still being available at the end of the stage.:devil:

ericm

Couple of questions for the equipment expert that I couldn't answer...

Shooter has a 223 JP rifle that weighs about a pound over the limit. Nothing fancy on it, just a scope. Guidance?

What about a twins loading vest, is it legal?

And looks like reading the above that ELS belts are GTG?

jj

A JP rifle in .223 with no magazine, no sling, no bipod, "just a scope" weighs 11.5 pounds??? What is the configuration? (...and what scale are you using???) There is always modern class, he would be the first, tho....

Any shotgun loading method is legal, just not out of pockets not designed for shells (pants pockets, shirt pockets, etc.)

Double belts are GTG provided that all mag carriers and holsters are GTG.

ericm

A JP rifle in .223 with no magazine, no sling, no bipod, "just a scope" weighs 11.5 pounds??? What is the configuration? (...and what scale are you using???) There is always modern class, he would be the first, tho....

Any shotgun loading method is legal, just not out of pockets not designed for shells (pants pockets, shirt pockets, etc.)

Double belts are GTG provided that all mag carriers and holsters are GTG.

ericm