Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RESURGENCE TACTICAL 3-GUN 2016

All:

Email confirmations will go out on August 26th 2016. I told some folks it would be later (after Labor Day), sorry.

It will include, more detailed information regarding the range, and how we are to use it. Squadding requests will also be requested from us, pretty sure squads of 8, so 2 4 person teams, that's if everyone on the squad is on a team, if not enjoy watching the team shoot.

Also, you will need something that can carry ammo, some water, and all ancillary equipment. This is not selection, but you will be traveling over fairly even terrain.

The shooters meeting is TBD on location, and that information will be dialed in soon.

There will be a range to check zero, and function fire.

Declarations on SOF MODERN and SOF TRADITIONAL can be made on the squadding requests email, or on the range the day of check in.

Jimmy

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2016 at 11:51 AM, ericm said:

All these answers assume you are trying to meet Traditional class, not Modern:

1. Pistol holster looks OK, pistol mag carrier to left of pistol NOT OK, pistol mag carrier to right of pistol looks OK provided not more than 2" of magazine protrudes from carrier, rifle mag carrier looks OK BUT mags as shown look like they exceed the 3" above carrier rule. REMEMBER: 2" for pistol mags, 2" for 20 rd rifle mags, 3" for 30 rd and above rifle mags.

2. Your "de-cocker" pistol is fine. See Rule 7.5 for movement and Rule 7.9

3. I assume you meant "...can my rifle BE red." YES, stickers, colors, etc. are fine on guns, just not mag base pads (hey, you want the old-time flavor don't you???)

4. 3 gun legal compensators are OK

5. The SGN tube appears to be over 23.5" from the front of the receiver as per rule 7.4.1 and appears to be NOT OK:devil:

I know it's a hard and long read, but many of these questions are discussed and answered in this 12 page tome.

Thanks for posting pic's; it helps to see the actual questionble gear and helps others visualize...

ericm

So inner/outer velcro belts (i.e. Safariland) are GTG in Traditional class?

Edited by Chris

Chris: So inner/outer velcro belts (i.e. Safariland) are GTG in Traditional class?  

YES.

TMC: Where can we ship our ammo for the match?

Your best bet would be your motel / hotel. There might be a pack / ship place in Tucumcari or Logan that would do it but a quick search didn't turn up anything.

ericm

20 hours ago, ericm said:

Chris: So inner/outer velcro belts (i.e. Safariland) are GTG in Traditional class?  

YES.

Eric's answer above notwithstanding, I suggest you pay attention to the requirements for distance from body to pistol/mags:

1. 5.8.4. The standard for both concealable mag carriers and holsters is that the mags and pistol must be carried tight enough against the body such that a persons hand placed between the exposed portion of the pistol or magazine and the body would contact both,

With my svelte, boyish physique, my ELS rig would not comply, so I will be leaving it at home and running a traditional belt holster setup.

I guess the worst case would be that you get bumped to Modern Division.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

12 hours ago, Scout454 said:

5.8.4 applies to CONCEALABLE holsters and magazine pouches, NOT field holsters etc.

True, but my interpretation of "field holster" is something with a flap or similar protective/retentive features, like the Bianchi M12 holster:

bianchi-um84i-universal-military-holster

Presumably one could make the case for inclusion of the newer generation of Level 3 retention holsters like the Safariland 6000-series:

safariland-6230-sls-mid-ride-military-ta

I am not so sure I could argue with a straight face that a Level 1 holster with only friction retention, like most 3-Gun competition holsters, can be considered to be a field holster. The gray area might be the Level 2 retention holsters like the Serpa, GLS etc. Of course, I am not an event official at Resurgence. Hopefully Eric can come by and clarify.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I used a Milt Sparks IWB Summer Special for '95 and '96

I used a Bladetech original holster made to SOF spec (concealable option) from then on....(still do)

I used an M12 holster one time on a stage where they made you roll out from under a table; you could not "crab" out, only roll (right over your pistol and gear).

It can be argued that modern belt systems are our "field gear" nowadays, since they aren't used for concealment. 

So if your rig is an ELS inner/outer system with dropped and offset holster that otherwise meets the rules of section 5 (retention, not cut below ejection port, etc.) that's fine.

Pistols must be worn on every stage, whether used or not, so continuous wear still means something at this match, as does gear still being available at the end of the stage.:devil:

ericm

14 hours ago, ericm said:

It can be argued that modern belt systems are our "field gear" nowadays, since they aren't used for concealment. 

So if your rig is an ELS inner/outer system with dropped and offset holster that otherwise meets the rules of section 5 (retention, not cut below ejection port, etc.) that's fine.

I stand corrected - good to know I have a little more flexibility than I thought.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, ericm said:

Traditional class shotgun barrel length remains unlimited for this match. Mag tube can be no longer than 23.5" from front of receiver in Traditional class

Modern class shotgun barrel length is unlimited for this match. Mag tube can be any length in Modern class.

Your understanding of the Traditional class pistol rules is correct, reload mag could be 170 mm if carried correctly.

ericm

Ericm,

Can the pistol mag (for reload) for traditional class be more than 170mm assuming compliant carry pouch is used? I'm planning on using Glock 40S&W 22 round factory mags (I think those mags might be a bit longer)?

Thanks! Scott

Edited by littlefish

Hello

I have a question regarding the Load and make ready procedure.

1. 5.7.1. Magazines may not be used from pockets unless specifically designated for such use, such as tactical vests etc.
  2. 5.7.2. Bags and boxes are not allowed on the line or ready area.

First - Will weapons such as a shot gun be loaded off of the firing line ( i.e loaded and staged)? ,, Or will we be required to deplete the ammo from our shot shell carrier's while loading on the firing line during a load and make ready period?

Second - Rule 5.7.1 - Does it apply during the Load and make ready period?- ,, Will a shooter be allowed to pull a pistol mag, or rifle mag from a pocket during the load and make ready?

My apologizes if this question has been covered, I missed some of this conversation during the summer months. I didn't see anything related as i skimmed through all the pages.

First: SGN's are the only gun probably pre-loaded, and you can use some rounds not in your carriers, it's usually 4 rounds in the tube, cruiser ready (empty chamber) start. The on-deck shooter will have a place to pre-load tube only.

Second: During LAMR if you have a magazine in hand or in a pocket, that's OK. You may not have any other mag's in non-authorized pockets per 5.7.1 after the stage start.

Further: 5.7.2 says what it means; when the shooter is called to the start area, they walk in with their ammo on, long gun slung or muzzle up and no other bags, boxes, etc. Pistols are always on, so that's not an issue, right? :devil:

ericm

The number of targets will be known at the shooters meeting (where the stage brief magic happens).

They usually started the way I described to approximate the ubiquitous patrol car 870.

REMEMBER: this match is not about round count. For example, 16 - 18 rounds of buck would have been considered HIGH round count for a stage; I only owned 4 Choate loaders (6 ea) while I was shooting SOF (started with a Uncle Mikes elastic shell belt which held 18, I think); only added more when we were overtaken by events (meaning somebody invented the tactical dove hunt stages ala....well....e'rybody these days....)

ericm

13 hours ago, ericm said:

The number of targets will be known at the shooters meeting (where the stage brief magic happens).

They usually started the way I described to approximate the ubiquitous patrol car 870.

REMEMBER: this match is not about round count. For example, 16 - 18 rounds of buck would have been considered HIGH round count for a stage; I only owned 4 Choate loaders (6 ea) while I was shooting SOF (started with a Uncle Mikes elastic shell belt which held 18, I think); only added more when we were overtaken by events (meaning somebody invented the tactical dove hunt stages ala....well....e'rybody these days....)

ericm

Understood, and I am very relieved to hear this match is not all about high round count - there is much more to a good match than that. However, we competitors need to plan our equipment load-out accordingly... finding out we would be better off with 5 shotshell caddies AFTER we arrive in Logan would be a problem (unless the Logan WalMart stocks such things). If you are saying that the ability to carry a total of 24 extra shotshells (+4 in a pocket for pre-loading) is sufficient for completing a stage with a generous allowance for misses, then that is what I will plan for. If, on the other hand, there is a chance of a high slug usage rate (where my hit record ain't the best), then I need to know that so I can bring a backpack.

As I said, the 42 round birdshot stage had not been invented yet.

Everything I ever needed for this match was on my leather Galco belt around my waist in my Wrangler belt loops :ph34r:, no tact vests, no wrist bands, etc.

For example, without giving too much away, the 4 man team qualifying event and the final 4 man team shoot offs will require minimal "load out", if you have a couple of partially loaded mags left over from the stages, you probably have all you need....:devil:

ericm

1 hour ago, ericm said:

... if you have a couple of partially loaded mags left over from the stages, you probably have all you need....:devil:

You really need to squad with me sometime... it has been known for the ROs to send in a rescue party to excavate the pile of brass and extract my body.

Shooter information is on www.competition-dynamics.com website, and should have gone out to everyone that is in the match. Please let me know if you did not receive, or see it.

http://resurgence3gun.com/#sec-news

Squadding requests need to be emailed to me please.

jimmy@competiton-dynamics.com

Jimmy

CD

Edited by VNGunfighter

So in the letter, it states that there will be 2, 4 person teams to create each 8 person squad. My friend and I are a team of two.We'll be shooting in "Traditional" with our defensive gear and lots of camo. We both are competitive pistol shooters, and know how to run our long guns. Would there be a team of two coming that would like to squad up to be able to participate in the team shoot? If so PM me and maybe we can work it out.

On 8/28/2016 at 3:27 PM, StealthyBlagga said:

You really need to squad with me sometime... it has been known for the ROs to send in a rescue party to excavate the pile of brass and extract my body.

Stealthy, I can bring a shovel for the extraction. Interested?