Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prefered holster for limited

Pat B.

I use the Double Alpha Racemaster for my CZ open and limited guns. For revolver division, I run a Double Alpha Racer. For Production, I run a Bladetech DOH.

The Double Alpha gear is top notch! The guns lock in securely and the hangers have a lot of adjustment. Everything locks down tight after you have it adjusted.

The Bladetech is decent too, especially for the price as compared to the DAA, but the Double Alpha gear smokes Bladetech in quality and speed.

Really like my DAA racemaster with the magnetic block. Nice audible click, locks securely and I love anodized purple lol

ditto. amazing how securely it holds the gun when locked. and super easy draw when unlocked. the other cool thing is it holds all sizes of 2011s, so my open gun, limited gun, etc.

for 3 gun though i do use the WRS with the hood just for that extra level of comfort (and helps keep the gun mostly clear of mud etc as it's encased).

I am currently running a safariland 014. It has been a great holster. It was my first race holster. I wanted the barrel support as a security blanket. As I have been shooting for almost 2years it has been an amazing holster with zero issues. I am looking at changing to either a Guga Ribas or a DAA race master. The reason for change is to try and reduce some of the bulk and hopefully some weight. Just my 2cents.

Edited by wishfulshooter

I'm looking as well.

After searching here and reading all the threads, it looks like the Blade-Tech DOH is the most popular choice. Not saying "best" but more guys running them than the others, true? Price looks pretty good too.

I think I'm going to buy one today so I can have it for the weekend.

My suggestion would be DAA race master or the manny bragg/SLB magnetic. Both are excellent.

The manny is probably a smoother draw but the downsides are it looks a bit 'industrial' and will only fit one gun.

the DAA has nice looks and with changeable inserts you can fit it to multiple guns for about $50 a throw.

I haven't owned the guga ribas holster but have tried one and didn't like it as much as the DAA or the manny. In fact it'd be my fourth choice behind DAA, Manny, Ghost.

• 3 weeks later...

Are these Daa holster fit for a specified pistol like a Sti edge or is it one size fits all and you have to do all the adjusting to get it to fit. People are recommending to me the daa race master with magnet for my limited pistol. This is my first limited pistol so I want the one that works best.

The holster uses inserts that are specific to the gun. If you change guns, you just change the insert for the new gun without having to buy a new holster, and all of the holster adjustments remain. Although the inserts are specific to the gun, they may require minor fitting to account for variance in manufacturing tolerances. It's a great system.