Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which optic for a Glock MOS pistol?

Cuz

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to buy a Glock 34 or 35 MOS pistol and wanted to know which optic everyone is putting on theirs, and what they think of it.

I'd also like to know what dot size you went with and why. Between all the optics, there seems to be a small size (2.5-3.5 moa) or a large size (6-8 moa). Normally, I'd always go with the smaller dot, but since it's going to be mounted on a pistol and will rarely (if ever) be shot past 25 yards I'm thinking about trying the large size.

My pistol will mostly be a range toy. I'll shoot it in local knock-down steel matches, and may even try it in a USPSA match or two.

For no particular reason, I seem to have narrowed my personal selection to the following optics:

Trijicon RMR

Leupold Delta Point Pro

EOTech MRDS

Burris Fast Fire 3

Since this will be my first pistol optic, and I don't know if I'll like it or not, I was leaning toward the Burris because it's the cheapest, yet still has a decent reputation. Of the others, I was thinking the Delta Point because it had the biggest window. As you can see, I'm all over the place, and would like to know what others are doing. Someone also recommended the Vortex sights (Razor, Venom, or Viper), but I don't know anything about them.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks,

Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put a Burris on my M&P. Only had it out for one range session. The 3 MOA sight looks huge to me. I might buy a 8 MOA for when we go outside in the spring.

In the same price range the Vortex looks good too. I've not seen bad reviews on any of the optics on your list.

Just shot a match a today.. I have 3 Burris Fast Fire's, One on my Vepr shotgun , one on my G17L ( shot today) and one waiting to go on my g34.... Get the biggest dot you can (probably an 7/8). I'm in Arizona and the sun is tuff on small dots.I tried a C-More but the dot is just too high. Burris has a lifetime warranty for even a used fast Fire.

I just put a Burris on my M&P. Only had it out for one range session. The 3 MOA sight looks huge to me. I might buy a 8 MOA for when we go outside in the spring.

You were shooting indoors? The dot on my RMR looks huge and super bright indoors; take it outside in the sunlight and it's much smaller.

i heard that the Trijicon RMR with the user adjustable brightness settings fail when mounted to a slide.
I dont know and have not tried it but that is what i read on another forum that focues primarily on black rifles.

Edited by Gunsby_Blazen

i heard that the Trijicon RMR with the user adjustable brightness settings fail when mounted to a slide.

I dont know and have not tried it but that is what i read on another forum that focues primarily on black rifles.

They can all fail. Bottom line. I've seen every popular optic out there fail. RMR's are not exempt because they come out of the mythical Trijicon factory and have Trijicon's expensive price tag on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Go for one of the RMRs that are dual illuminated with no battery. With those you can get dots as big as 13 MOA although I use the model with the 9 MOA green dot. I tried the LED RMRs first but max size is 6.5 MOA (and it failed later). I tried another shooter G34 who had the non-battery 13 MOA amber triangle and I found that was easily good enough. However I prefer green on bright days plus a round dot so went with the 9 MOA green dot. Needless to say I have finished 1st overall in the last 3 steel matches I have shot with that setup. Thinking about retiring or selling my STI. Considering I have 4 C-Mores on pistols I did not think I would like the smaller sight but now I think it is great. Plus no electronics to fail.

Edited by photoracer

If you go with the RMR on an MOS make sure to get the Trijicon mounting kit. The screws from Glock are ridiculously short, but the ones that come with the RMR look long enough and even hold the sight for a while, but they'll fail.

Mine came out during a 3gun match on the third target, after about 800 rds of testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting there seems to be no love for the Deltapoint pro.

That is my favorite so far, but its big... Really big.

All the the RMR's I've handled seem to have some weird optical stuff happening (to me anyway) where I had a hard time focusing on anything through the sight window... I might be crazy, but I had a hell of a time

Interesting there seems to be no love for the Deltapoint pro.

That is my favorite so far, but its big... Really big.

All the the RMR's I've handled seem to have some weird optical stuff happening (to me anyway) where I had a hard time focusing on anything through the sight window... I might be crazy, but I had a hell of a time

We handle all the popular reflex sights out there daily in our shop. The DP Pro is the king of them all IMO. It just comes with a hefty price tag. If price isn't an issue, I'd pick the DP Pro over the RMR or any other any day. The thing is just built like a damn tank and we already have customers approaching the 10k round mark on some with zero issues - that's mounted on the slide which everyone claims "abuses" the optic.

Edited by bruceg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any experience with the Vortex line of sights? They seem to have three to choose from, the Razor, Venom, and Viper. Seems like they are all about the same, so why 3 different models to agonize over? Do they fit the MOS plates?

Thanks,

Cuz

• 2 weeks later...

How do you like the dot size? I'm so torn on weather I should just dive in and get the DP pro or ease my way in with the FF3.

I have the FF3 with 8 MOA on my 17 MOS and really like it. I will be using mine for steel challenge and USPSA matches.

Edited by ZackJones