Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The hacks,short cuts and money savers thread: How you save money and s

NPSS

On 6/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, Mcfoto said:

This might sound petty, but I volunteer for work crew to get out of entry fees. Every little bit helps.

Someone above mentioned blue label Glocks. If you don't qualify, join GSSF and your second year you get a coupon for pricing that's on par with blue label.

Work crew volunteering saves money, lets you have a better feel for stages, and makes life easier for the MD, so that's a win-win.

The other cool thing with GSSF is that sometimes they'll bring used mags that you can buy at steep discounts. I can neither confirm nor deny that I've purchased enough mags to pay for my GSSF membership cost out of the savings...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazy Geezer's practice hardcover targets:

After a match pull some hardcover targets out of the trash pile.  Cut off the black part, which usually (unless it's one of the PITA classifiers) won't have a lot of holes in it.  Chuck the rest.  Clip or staple the black piece over plain targets for practice when you need some hard cover.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, shred said:

Lazy Geezer's practice hardcover targets:

After a match pull some hardcover targets out of the trash pile.  Cut off the black part, which usually (unless it's one of the PITA classifiers) won't have a lot of holes in it.  Chuck the rest.  Clip or staple the black piece over plain targets for practice when you need some hard cover.

I like that idea! 

To save a little money on purchases, I've been using ActiveJunky.com for a number of years.  They offer cash-back on purchases from places like Cabela's, Brownells, Rainier Arms, Palmetto State Armory, Natchez, Academy, and a ton more.  The beauty of it is it's independent of any other promo codes or sales the retailer is running so you can get a little extra savings on top of the sale price.  The cash-back percentages are usually pretty small, but they can change often - I've seen Cabela's go as high as 15%!  Anyway, even when it's lower, it all adds up over time.

I'll also sometimes buy discounted gift cards from Raise.com or Cardpool.com.  I recently bought some ammo from Academy by buying discounted e-gift cards on Raise.com that were delivered instantly, then clicking through to Academy from ActiveJunky.com to complete my purchase - it's a layered discount approach!