Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams mag springs

bokbok_05

I have 3 STI mags (126mm) with Grams spring and follower with 17 matches in it's life. Match usually have an average of 130 rounds. In my recent match it started having feeding failure with the round stopping at the feed ramp. I have another STI mag with bnew Grams spring and follower and doesn't have those stoppage so I believed it is a mag spring issue. Question is, how long does the Grams mag springs work? I normally load17 rounds through the mags. Appreciate your help here. Thanks.

Have you tried putting the new guts in the mag tube that you're having issues with? That would narrow the possible source of your issue.

You can also load up the mag and strip the rounds out with your thumb. The next round should pop up instantly. If you notice any delay/sluggishness, you probably need to replace the springs.

First thing I do when a mag starts getting flaky (and it isn't dinged) is to change the spring. if you buy them by the 10 pack from Grams Eng. they are only about $5.50 per spring, so it is fairly cheap to respring the mag.

• 1 month later...

Are these springs the best

Kind of. Remember, they need changed a few times a year so buy them in 10 packs. Shooters Connection will have the best prices. Especially if you use your BE discount. :)

Kind of. Remember, they need changed a few times a year so buy them in 10 packs. Shooters Connection will have the best prices. Especially if you use your BE discount. :)

Ok I'm new here on forum, do we get a discount from Shooters Connection, and how.

Ordered 5 spring and follower sets yesterday from grams. Guy called me back after placing order just to confirm and ask what I was using in just to make sure I ordered correct springs. Very good customer svc. Told me if I had any problems to call him. Nice guy. Gonna take out old set in 5 mags and have those for spares or parts. May have to grind a little on followers being the guy I bought limited from said he had to do that a little to make the slide not lock back. Will see. Will just copy old followers grindings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I'm new here on forum, do we get a discount from Shooters Connection, and how.
Email them and tell them you are forum member. They will verify and set you up

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...