Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Parts Needed for new Pro?

CGoodwin

Hello everyone,

I regularly shoot my stock Shield in IDPA BUG with no issues. I picked up a new Pro at my LGS yesterday to replace the P226 I have been shooting in SSP. I asked about the AEK and the gentleman told me that S&W had improved their triggers to the point that it would be a waste of money.

What are your thoughts? Also mat start shooting Production with this gun.

Thanks!

The Apex springs, sear and USB is a significant improvement over even the new triggers in stock guns. Just make sure you don't install the AEK trigger or FSS kit if you want to stay SSP or production.

A little polishing will go a long way as well

Good luck.

Nick

I know you shoot IDPA so you are limited in the mods you can do. For me the DCAEK trigger kit a big improvement in triger pull. The biggest improvement in the new firing pin block plunger. It really smoothes out the trigger. The FSS trigger kit is a game changer, it takes a good gun and makes it a great gun, but wont work for SSP.

I was fortunate in that I just picked up a M&P 45 (4.5) that has a trigger not unlike that of the stock trigger on a few of my 1911's (before any work was done).

I was tickled to realize it would probably just smooth out while I got used to it over the course of a few hundred rounds of range fire, and wouldn't require any smithing or tinkerin'. I like the controls and lack of snap to the recoil; it just might get to be my favorite pistol after a while...