Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 frame, Phoenix Trinity / or/ CK frame?

mikeAZ

Anyone able to purchase a 2011 frame from either manufacturer?..... I just talked to Phoenix Trinity. She said, yes there is a waiting list AND you must purchase 10 frames at a time?. SO it would seem your SOL????.... At least Matt Cheely @ CK returned my email and I'm supposedly on the "waiting" list...At age 74, I don't think I want too "wait" too long. .... Just whining......

What are you building? Shooters Connection has CK widebody classics in stock, no ramp cut. Clark/Para frame cut is easy.

Just finished 2 open gun builds on CK frames, CK slides. No problems.

Really wanted to try a Phoenix Trinity frame with a spiffy custom serial number---the new "10 frame minimum" killed that idea!

In reference to Phoenix Trinity. If they have a minimum that is unfortunate. If a dealer has an FFL,State Lic where required and tax resale number. The dealer should be able to order a frame. The frames are well made My own gunsmith who has made many Open Guns for me also reccomends them. I have seen this type of restrictions before. It is unfair to the dealer and the shooter.

Edited by gunracer38

• 3 weeks later...

I was just able to order a CK Arms short dust cover W/N ramped frame directly from Bobby Keegans at Freedom Gunworks. Was to my FFL in 3 days. I already have it fit to a slide. Call Bobby and see what he has available.

I ran into the same thing with PT. Emailed them to order and they told me about the 10 frame minimum.

Edited by scottlep

In reference to Phoenix Trinity. If they have a minimum that is unfortunate. If a dealer has an FFL,State Lic where required and tax resale number. The dealer should be able to order a frame. The frames are well made My own gunsmith who has made many Open Guns for me also reccomends them. I have seen this type of restrictions before. It is unfair to the dealer and the shooter.

When I contacted PT a few weeks ago about buying one frame, they stated the following "Best estimate is 12-16 weeks. Unfortunately, we are no longer selling individual frames. Our minimum order quantity is 10. We are just too busy to process all of the single orders and are trying to stream line some things to increase productivity. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

I then asked if they currently have any resellers of their frame and they said "Speed Shooters may stock them at some point. But we are so backlogged I’m not sure when that will happen. Sorry I can’t be of more help. "

When I contacted PT a few weeks ago about buying one frame, they stated the following "Best estimate is 12-16 weeks. Unfortunately, we are no longer selling individual frames. Our minimum order quantity is 10. We are just too busy to process all of the single orders and are trying to stream line some things to increase productivity. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause."

I then asked if they currently have any resellers of their frame and they said "Speed Shooters may stock them at some point. But we are so backlogged I’m not sure when that will happen. Sorry I can’t be of more help. "

Too much Business is a good "problem" to have!

Makes STI or CK an easy choice.... ;)

Edited by Chutist

Sorry I don't know the market availability these days but in years past you could not get a STI frame without the plastic grip.

So for the people saying just get a STI that is why we don't want to...unless STI is now selling just the metal?

I was going to make a batch of frames just for that reason but PT started selling them and it was cheaper and much faster for me to go that route than to make a prototype run.

As far as quality goes the PT group that I bought was very consistent compared to STI's I've had to deal with. I have not used the CK so can't comment on those.

If anyone really needs a PT frame I think I have 2 left untouched, 3 fitted w 6" sti 40 cal slides, and 1 fitted w 6" sti 38 sup slide.

Not sure how long it would take for my dealer to get them out though...he's pretty busy right now!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...