Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guide rod hitting the comp

tcazes

I noticed on my trubor when pulling it apart after the last match that my guide rod is hitting my comp. Not a ton and you can't make it do it by hand but just enough when running it to wear a flat spot on the guide rod and the comp. What causes this? How do I fix this issue or should I even worry about it?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh171/lone_slider/20151124_074201_zpsktftmvpo.jpg

Edited by tcazes

I noticed on my trubor when pulling it apart after the last match that my guide rod is hitting my comp. Not a ton and you can't make it do it by hand but just enough when running it to wear a flat spot on the guide rod and the comp. What causes this? How do I fix this issue or should I even worry about it?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh171/lone_slider/20151124_074201_zpsktftmvpo.jpg

Most custom builders will cut a groove in the bottom of the comp to prevent it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My Trubor's guide rod hits the bottom of my comp, too...  although it looks like mine hits a bit harder than the one in the original photo in this thread...  I have two flat spots on the bottom of the other end of the guide rod that I've been trying to figure out...  not sure what the guide rod could be hitting, but I think the main cause is banging into the comp on the other end...

Is it common to need to notch the bottom of the comp for the guide rod on Trubors?

I'm also wondering if the guide rod hitting the comp could cause the dot to jump...

• 6 months later...