Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chrono

I hope to get one as a Christmas present. I know that it's a Chevy vs Ford thing. My question is this which ones work best with Android phones? Caldwell has one, I saw one for The Shooting Chrony that comes for the UK. Does any one have an opinion (loaded question)?

The bluetooth module and the app are pretty nice but they are somewhat slow. You have to wait anywhere from 0.5s to 1.5 seconds between shots for the data to transfer to your phone/tablet.

Does not seem like a big deal, but if you are used to just shooting over the chrono you may be missing shots.

I will take all this into consideration. I'm new to this, building loads. I've always went by the book as far as reloading goes. But with so many powders and so many bullets I guess you have to try your self. I will still be careful and start low. Thanks to all who have responded so far.

Jack

My ancient chrony seems to have pooped the bed.

Looking at the Caldwell premium kit, $114 and comes with everything. Free app to connect to phone, IR light kit, tripod, case. To buy the Pro Chrono Digital plus the same accessories is more than twice as much.

So I guess the question is, do I really need to spend that much or is the Caldwell good enough? They seem to get similar reviews with the Pro Chrono slightly ahead.

• 3 months later...

Well the weather is getting better. I got the Pro Chrono digital with the bluetooth adapter. I've had it out twice now, it works very well. No missed shots. I ordered sample packs of Blue, Black and Bayou bullets. I didn't find much difference in them. The Blues were a little tighter, the Bayous a little faster, but it would be a toss up to chose one over the other. Anyway thank all of you for your input.