Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun sling attachment points- what setup do you use?

I have attended several majors where a shotgun sling was supposed to be required, but everyone whined enough to make them change the course and eliminate the sling. The only match I have been to where they followed through was Northwest Multigun in Bend, OR. I want to come up with an elegant sling setup so I never have to worry about a match that requires it. What sling setup do you use on your shotgun, and WHY do you have it set up the way you do?

Noveske makes a flush cup with nut that I attach to the left side of my buttstock near the butt pad. I use the Nordic qd mount attached to the barrel clamp up front. Works pretty well. I tried the adapter that goes between the barrel lug and extension nut, but I shoot with my support hand index finger extended and it gets smashed by the fitting sticking out during recoil.

Edited by Bryan 45

• 2 weeks later...

This is the setup I had come up with, but wanted to find out if I was missing the boat on some other slick setup. The only downside to this is that the clamp affects POI, and unless it is mounted very close to the fore end makes the sling loop pretty long. Looks like it is still the consensus among available options though.