Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weight Loss

Modoc

The Doc gave me the long face and said that I would have to go on cholesterol and Blood Pressure medications if I did not loose about 25+ pounds and start exercising. Well, I bit the bullet and started religiously watching my calorie intake and have dropped the needed weight. It really wasn't too bad, just really watched the portions and logged it bye meal on a free phone app and the pounds came off.

Now the bummer is that I need a whole new wardrobe and a couple new gun belts because everything else is falling off. The bummer is that I could buy all of the pants and a new USPSA inner/outer belt for what the Cowboy Action belt will cost me. Oh, well.........

Good job! Wish I had your will power. By the way, you can cut the inner and outer belts shorter and use a lighter to melt the frayed ends. As for the cowboy action belt find a saddle maker or even a good old fashioned cobbler to shorten things up.

Edited by Zoomy

Congratulations!!!!! :bow: I've got to hand it to anyone who loses un-needed weight and knows how to do it.

My boss is currently doing the same (the doctor gave HIM the ultimatum, too), and has lost about 25 pounds or so. I messaged him just last week that the downside to drastic weight loss is the need for a whole new wardrobe! :D

Thanks for the encouragement!

Now I have to really work on getting this week's calorie consumption down. Gotta love having family in town for the holidays, although we had a LOT of left overs from both last night's and today's meals.

The support from all of my friends here and where I live helps make it work.

keeping the weight down will be an ongoing battle.

I suggest you consider adding suspenders to your wardrobe...

and a fair warning that they can cause some unwanted surprises.

miranda

oh! Congrats! losing weight is hard to do.

Miranda,

I already have several sets of suspenders! :goof:

Still using the calorie tracking app and maintaining less than the recommended intake for my age/height/activity level. Not too hard except when going to a pot luck or a Holiday meal.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2015 at 8:34 PM, Modoc said:

The Doc gave me the long face and said that I would have to go on cholesterol and Blood Pressure medications if I did not loose about 25+ pounds and start exercising. Well, I bit the bullet and started religiously watching my calorie intake and have dropped the needed weight. It really wasn't too bad, just really watched the portions and logged it bye meal on a free phone app and the pounds came off.

Now the bummer is that I need a whole new wardrobe and a couple new gun belts because everything else is falling off. The bummer is that I could buy all of the pants and a new USPSA inner/outer belt for what the Cowboy Action belt will cost me. Oh, well.........

Small price to pay. Well done.