Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you think of your airsoft pistols iron sights?

Ultraweasel

Hi,

Just been reading forum threads on front sight width / rearsight notch widths. Not been happy with my airsoft Tokyo Marui 2011 Hi Capa sights, decided to measure them:

Front Sight:

width: 0.1380"

Height: 0.210"

Rear Sight:

Width: 0.105"

Depth: 0.0955"

These seem to be way off what people are using in competition. Do you guys modify the airsoft sights to match your competition guns, or just live with the std. sights?

I've just machined 20 thou off my front sight and got a lot more 'white' - haven't shot it yet 'cos it's cold, wet and horrible in the UK at the moment...

would love to get your replies!

Thanks.

My KJW hi capa shoots a couple inches high at 7 yards. I remedied this by going to .3 gram bb's instead of the .25's I was shooting. The drawback is that the bb's I bought don't feed as well as the .25's.. i think it's just the brand of bb's I bought as they aren't near as polished as the ones I had been using previously. If it shot low, I'd consider shaving down the front sight.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just machined my TM Hi-Capa front sight height down to 0.1930". Hopefully it will alow my rear sight to get back into the 'adjustment zone' - I'm using 0.32's and 0.36's - and previously had to adjust the rear sight to the stops.

Hopefullly the weather will play ball tomorrow so I can get out to play and sight in my pistol (max. range 9 yds.) :(

Having previously used the Nineball hop rubbers, homemade 'R' hop and now using an Airsoft Surgeon Hop Rubber, I'm obtaining more consistency with the Airsoft Surgeon Hop Rubber than ever before.

I'm not affiliated with any manufacturer, distributor, or any other business. It works for me.

My general advice is to research as much as you can, make your own informed opinions and TRY things. As BE says: Find out what works for YOU!

Can't wait to see if my mods. work tommorow. (Weather permitting...)

Cheers,

Ultraweasel.