Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 USPSA Multigun Nationals

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive to the area, then schlep. A cart is useful for most.

I don't think the cart will fit on the airplane. :)

Weill, if you park strategically, and pick & choose what you take to the stage, its not that big a schlep. Mr NMBOpen is just a tad gear centric :)

I am relatively new to this "flying to a match" thing, so it's a matter of working out logistics. My g/f and I did TX Multigun last year and we knew going in there was a set of stages that required you to park and get hauled to an otherwise inaccessible area. That meant we couldn't just work out of the trunk of the car and needed to have a way to move three stages worth of gear with us. That, in turn, made packing for the trip a lot more burdensome.

I am trying to figure out how little we can get away with packing for Vegas. If getting back to the car between stages to fetch more ammo isn't prohibitive, then I will pack based on the assumption that the car is my 3-gun cart for the weekend, and that will make life easier.

I am relatively new to this "flying to a match" thing, so it's a matter of working out logistics. My g/f and I did TX Multigun last year and we knew going in there was a set of stages that required you to park and get hauled to an otherwise inaccessible area. That meant we couldn't just work out of the trunk of the car and needed to have a way to move three stages worth of gear with us. That, in turn, made packing for the trip a lot more burdensome.

I am trying to figure out how little we can get away with packing for Vegas. If getting back to the car between stages to fetch more ammo isn't prohibitive, then I will pack based on the assumption that the car is my 3-gun cart for the weekend, and that will make life easier.

That is exactly what I do. Going back to the car for ammo, water, food isn’t a real big deal. About half the stages are drive to, unload and shoot. The other half require a 100 yard walk, at most. That said, I’m the guy who is always forgetting some key piece of kit in the trunk so I make 2-3 trips per stage. It keeps the muscles loose :) Check out google maps for a good idea of what to expect. All the stages in the past have been on the east side of the range. Plenty of parking at the stages.

I shoot at DSRPC on a regular basis, and never use a cart. The match uses range 2,3, and 4. 2 has 6 bays all in one line, so if you can park in the middle you shoot 3 stages top off on ammo and then shoot 3. Or you can drive your car and park in front of each bay. I would rather spend the time thinking about the stage though. Range 3 is one stage and you park 10 yards from the firing line. Range 4 has the furthest walk, but even there it is not bad. Maybe 100 yards, but you don't walk right past the car for any of the stages due to how parking is set up.

Chuck is right about the round counts. Stages are still in the process of being approved, but it is unlikely that the round count will change much. There are about 17 targets past 100 yards and Pete is planning for a 390-400 yard target on the long range bay.

Pete is accepting ammo, please email him for the address pete@iscopellc.com.

I fly to the nats all the time. Cart nice but no big. Figure the stages for the day, park 1/2 way between them and hump gear. Long range stages are all alone and you drive right to them. It's simple, until it starts hailing. Oh yea, and mud.

I can ask, but I highly doubt it. I don't think I've seen a sling stage in the last 3 years of MG nats.

ETA: I just got word from Pete. No slings required.

Edited by ziebart

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it's probably just because I'm dumb, but I can no longer find a link to the squads on Practiscore. Can anyone help me out?

This will show you the squads. If you are looking for "your" page, you gotta find the email with the link...

https://practiscore.com/2016-multi-gun-nationals/squadding

Thanks. I don't know why I can't find that page anywhere. I've looked back in my e-mail, on the Practiscore site, the USPSA site--nothing.

Oh well--thanks again.

Does anyone know what the ON/OFF part of the schedule means? Each group has a AM/PM or PM/AM schedule, and then there is an ON/OFF and OFF/ON for the third day. What does that mean?

In years past they had everyone on the range the last day to reduce delays. I don't have the squad schedule/matrix yet, but when I do I will put that up so people can plan the last day better.

ETA

On/off means you shoot one stage, then wait while another squad shoots. It means you have about an hour "off" to take care of your stuff and prep for the next stage.

Edited by ziebart

In years past they had everyone on the range the last day to reduce delays. I don't have the squad schedule/matrix yet, but when I do I will put that up so people can plan the last day better.

ETA

On/off means you shoot one stage, then wait while another squad shoots. It means you have about an hour "off" to take care of your stuff and prep for the next stage.

Ah, I see. So an ON/OFF means that group starts on stage in the morning, and the OFF/ON group 'starts' on their break. Thank you!