Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 primer jam ups

Having some issues with the priming system on my 1050.

I can feel a bit of resistance on the downward stroke on some cases, and sure enough after I check the case there is no primer. Usually the missing primer will pop out on to my work bench after the next stroke or two, other times it jams up in there pretty good inside the sliding block , and I need to use a can of air to get it out.

I replaced the primer magazine tube flexible orifice, the rubber sleeve on the primer slide block is still intact, and it's been recently cleaned.

Ideas?

22577207648_90ba9d6fe5_b.jpg

Edited by alecmc

Take all the cases out. Put 25 primers in. Pull handle 25 times, picking primer off ram with tweezers each time.

Is this part reliable without cases?

Did this, actually did a full primer tube - 100 reputations. No issues. they all picked up and raised from the punch fine.

put my cases back in, made it 8 handle pulls before it jammed up.

These are what the primers in question look like.

12241042_10205202240881090_2734008485559

I've tried adjusting the white piece on the primer station, looser, tighter, just barely touching, no difference.

using sorted headstamp FEDERAL 38 special, and federal SPP

machine is about 1.5 years old.

Edited by alecmc

Just to verify, are all the locator buttons marked "2", as well as the shellplate? Did you clean out the pockets in the shellplate so the case can fully insert into it?

Yes, they are.

everything is clean, 38 special/long colt is all I have ever reloaded on this machine.

After a ton of work and research, I found my primer problem to be the white tab being too tight against the case. The case needs wiggle room to align with the inbound primer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk