Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use the New Taran G43 connector, or the Ghost?

Gunsby_Blazen

Taran connectors vs Ghost connectors...

I really cant stand the trigger on my Glock 43 so i am considering getting a new connector for it. I have used Ghost in the past in my SR9 but swapped it for the factory one after i polished it because i didn't like how the Ghost made the trigger feel. This was on a Ruger SR9 and not a Glock so it might be different.

I haven't used a Taran.

Looking for folks to chime in with their experience with using these connectors and preferably in the tiny G43 pistol.
How do they feel?

I have noticed these connectors take the crisp break out of the trigger on some guns. The 43 seems to have a more pronounced break than a Glock 19. Do the connectors for the 43 have less of "mush" to them than connectors in larger models due to the length of the connector?

I would like someone to set me straight on all of this stuff....

I am also worried about reliability as this is one of my carry guns.
I am just way too used to light triggers to be able to handle, what feels to me to be, over-travel after the heavy break on that 43.
The gun moves around too much in my hand after the break. Its the only gun i have that does this to me.

Thanks again!
-G_B

I have installed several Ghost connectors in G43's and everyone has been pleased with the results. I have not tried the TTI connectors in a G43 as I still have several EDGE connectors.

The word CRISP is so overused on gun forums.

Taran connectors vs Ghost connectors...

I really cant stand the trigger on my Glock 43 so i am considering getting a new connector for it. I have used Ghost in the past in my SR9 but swapped it for the factory one after i polished it because i didn't like how the Ghost made the trigger feel. This was on a Ruger SR9 and not a Glock so it might be different.

I haven't used a Taran.

Looking for folks to chime in with their experience with using these connectors and preferably in the tiny G43 pistol.

How do they feel?

I have noticed these connectors take the crisp break out of the trigger on some guns. The 43 seems to have a more pronounced break than a Glock 19. Do the connectors for the 43 have less of "mush" to them than connectors in larger models due to the length of the connector?

I would like someone to set me straight on all of this stuff....

I am also worried about reliability as this is one of my carry guns.

I am just way too used to light triggers to be able to handle, what feels to me to be, over-travel after the heavy break on that 43.

The gun moves around too much in my hand after the break. Its the only gun i have that does this to me.

Thanks again!

-G_B

I can't speak to the Ghost connector, but ours doesn't really have any mush. In fact, it doesn't change the break very much, it's still very strong.

Our connector drops it down to about 4.5-5lbs, so it's not incredibly different but the change is noticeable. The reliability factor comes in more when you're respringing.

The only thing I liked about the 43 stock trigger pull was how crisp the break was. The pull was too heavy (I'd guesstimate something around 8 lbs), though.

I did a very light polish on the stock parts and it seemed to drop it around a 1/2 to 3/4 of a lb or so.

I then got the TTI connector and I would guess the pull is down to 6 lbs, which is perfect for me for a carry pistol.

Besides the pull weight, the trigger has just a very slight amount of creep right before the break.

The only way I can quantify it is that it has noticeably less creep than a vanek trigger but a little more than the DK trigger in a g34. You probably won't notice it when shooting it, though.

Long story short, its a very worthwhile upgrade.

I can't speak for the G43, but have used a Ghost Rocket on all my other Glocks(34,23,17L) and like it a lot. Consistent 3.5 lb pull, crisp break, and zero over-travel. Very short reset as well. A little fitting is required, but it's pretty simple.

I have the Ghost connector for my G43. It drops weight to around 5-6lbs IIRC and gets rid of the super heavy break making the break feel more like a normal Glock trigger. I've only tested it once so need to do some more testing. I'm interested to try the TTI.

Thanks everyone, I have been looking everywhere trying to find some info out about these connectors, mostly the new TTI one.
The descriptions on the websites could be more informative. I have been skeptical about trying one because i was worried about reliability because my SR9 had some light primer strikes but i am thinking that was that junky Winchester practice ammo and not the Ghost connector.... And like i said, i don't use that connector anymore (its been years). I had the equivalent of the Rocket with that overtavel stop and it made the trigger feel weird with the SR9 because there is no real wall with that trigger. It just breaks, i can predict it because i shot the hell out of it but it will surprise someone who does not know the gun if they are trying to stage the trigger. I reckon it would be better on a Glock as the overall feel of their triggers feel drastically different.

Thanks TTI for letting me know that problems usually come mostly from redesigning. I knew that but you restating it reassured me. Well, i knew it could happen from swapping springs but i assumed it also occurred from swapping out the connectors. So that gave me enough peace of mind to try it out.

So, i reckon i am going to buy one and try it out for a month or so before it goes back on carry-gun duty.
I am somewhat new to Glocks so its taking some time to get used to.

Thanks everyone for replying. I got more information in one day on this site than i have on all the other forums and there has only been a handful of posts here.

I might end up getting both the TTI and the Ghost and see how they both work as you folks have said they are both worthwhile upgrades. Going to start with the TTI.
Will report back after I get the new part, ordering it on Monday.

Thanks everyone, I have been looking everywhere trying to find some info out about these connectors, mostly the new TTI one.

The descriptions on the websites could be more informative. I have been skeptical about trying one because i was worried about reliability because my SR9 had some light primer strikes but i am thinking that was that junky Winchester practice ammo and not the Ghost connector.... And like i said, i don't use that connector anymore (its been years). I had the equivalent of the Rocket with that overtavel stop and it made the trigger feel weird with the SR9 because there is no real wall with that trigger. It just breaks, i can predict it because i shot the hell out of it but it will surprise someone who does not know the gun if they are trying to stage the trigger. I reckon it would be better on a Glock as the overall feel of their triggers feel drastically different.

Thanks TTI for letting me know that problems usually come mostly from redesigning. I knew that but you restating it reassured me. Well, i knew it could happen from swapping springs but i assumed it also occurred from swapping out the connectors. So that gave me enough peace of mind to try it out.

So, i reckon i am going to buy one and try it out for a month or so before it goes back on carry-gun duty.

Thanks everyone for replying. I got more information in one day on this site than i have on all the other forums and there has only been a handful of posts here.

I might end up getting both the TTI and the Ghost and see how they both work as you folks have said they are both worthwhile upgrades. Going to start with the TTI.

Also, there is a major factor in the connector that can cause reliability problems. If the angle of the connector is too obtuse, meaning that the angle is too white and there's too much forward pressure of the trigger bar, it can cause the trigger bar to slide along the frame and sometimes fail to reset. We make sure we press fit that angle before they go out.

Also, there is a major factor in the connector that can cause reliability problems. If the angle of the connector is too obtuse, meaning that the angle is too white and there's too much forward pressure of the trigger bar, it can cause the trigger bar to slide along the frame and sometimes fail to reset. We make sure we press fit that angle before they go out.

I am somewhat confused. Press fitting deforms metal so that it fits in a specific application. The parts are mated togeter when they are press fit to eachother. If you press fit the trigger bar to test it then it will be matched to the part you are press fitting it to.

Perhaps I am confused to as what press fit means in this application. Could you straighten me out on this?

Thanks,

G_B

I am somewhat confused. Press fitting deforms metal so that it fits in a specific application. The parts are mated togeter when they are press fit to eachother. If you press fit the trigger bar to test it then it will be matched to the part you are press fitting it to.

Perhaps I am confused to as what press fit means in this application. Could you straighten me out on this?

Thanks,

G_B

Oh, they're not press fit to actually bend the connector, they're press fit to ensure our specifications. Sometimes the electroless nickel coating will try to change the angle of the the connector from the folding process, so we put it in a jig with the correct angle and press it down to ensure our factory angle.

It's hard to word it, because I'm trying to avoid " press-check " to explain the process. They're not press fit in the actual machining terms of press fitting ( mating a female and male part ), but in the sense that we put them into a press to ensure proper angle before we ship them out.

Edited by TaranTactical

Have the TTI in my gun and have been doing some dry firing over the past couple days.
I hope I can do some shooting with it this weekend but I am not going to hold my breath... plans usually never go through.
So far it has made it a lot slicker, the nickle plating really helps smooth things out. I think that i will be able to call my shots now as I can tell how the gun is behaving in my hand.
The trigger pull is lighter but it still has a pretty distinctive break. Before, I didnt hold the 43 like i do most handguns and used my first joint to pull the trigger like i do with a double action revolver due to my inability to really control the trigger. I now ues the pad of my finger and the pull is much more consistatnt.
It seemed to be money well spent. I dont have the Ghost to compare it to, I may get one further down the road but i will have the Taran connector for quite a while before I decide to test that one out.
I think it will work out nicely.

Edited by Gunsby_Blazen

Have the TTI in my gun and have been doing some dry firing over the past couple days.

I hope I can do some shooting with it this weekend but I am not going to hold my breath... plans usually never go through.

So far it has made it a lot slicker, the nickle plating really helps smooth things out. I think that i will be able to call my shots now as I can tell how the gun is behaving in my hand.

The trigger pull is lighter but it still has a pretty distinctive break. Before, I didnt hold the 43 like i do most handguns and used my first joint to pull the trigger like i do with a double action revolver due to my inability to really control the trigger. I now ues the pad of my finger and the pull is much more consistatnt.

It seemed to be money well spent. I dont have the Ghost to compare it to, I may get one further down the road but i will have the Taran connector for quite a while before I decide to test that one out.

I think it will work out nicely.

Awesome! Let us know when you put some rounds through it!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it out and put a few boxes of ammo through it.
One thing is for sure is that i can shoot it much faster. My groups, which were awful, are cut in half and i can feel good about shooting paper targets with it now.
I still shoot a little low and to the left but it is drastically better. I feel so much more comfortable carrying the gun now that i am more confident that i will hit what i am aiming at.
It cut about three inches off my groups (they were that bad, 6 inch groups that were low and to the left. Oh man i hated it and was actually embarassed to shoot it at the public range). I was tessting it at 15 or so yards and was able to hit the bullseye when i really tried. I was really pleased with that.
I think i just need to practice with it. I am really glad i picked up that connector.

I did a couple "mag dumps" too just to see how fast i could pull the trigger. I was impressed with that as well....
(i tested out at my "private range" out in the country that i built on family property. I didnt do a mag dump at a public range...)
You cant even compare it with the factory conector. Very smooth too.

The only thing i want to change on it now is that grooved trigger. I dont care for that.

I am very impressed with the improvement. You guys did a great job!
I will see how it holds up long term but I dont see anything failing with it.

I have two g43's.

My first one had the worst trigger in a Glock that I have ever encountered. I put a Ghost Edge connector in it, Taran didn't offer one at the time. and polished up the usual surfaces.

My second G43's factory trigger was much better than the first. This time I ordered the TTI connector when I ordered the +2 base pads. Installed connector and did my usual polish work.

Both guns feel the exact same to me now.

Edited by bigcraig

I have two g43's.

My first one had the worst trigger in a Glock that I have ever encountered. I put a Ghost Edge connector in it, Taran didn't offer one at the time. and polished up the usual surfaces.

My second G43's factory trigger was much better than the first. This time I ordered the TTI connector when I ordered the +2 base pads. Installed connector and did my usual polish work.

Fascinating! Both the Ghost and the TTI have a similar feel?

I have two g43's.

Fascinating! Both the Ghost and the TTI have a similar feel?

Yep, they both "feel" exactly the same to me.

That said, I don't have a gauge to give concrete data, Just my feelz!

I received my TTI connectors and base pads today for my 43's today. The connectors provided consistent trigger pulls in both guns (one is my son's). I'm guessing 2 lb reductions, as I don't have a gauge. They feel great and I recommend them.

The +2 base pads allow the 2 additional rounds, but the #8 round is a really tight fit. I have 4 of them and all were the same. I was concerned it may cause a FTF, but all were fine. The pads are very comfortable and provide a natural place for the pinky finger. I recommend them as well.

Great job Taran and staff.

Received my Glock 43 TTI connector yesterday and installed it last night. The connector reducer the trigger pull and it feels the same as stock just reduced. I also put on one +2 base pad, on the first loading 8 rounds were very tight. I took out 4 rounds and tapped the base pad a few times. That seemed to seat the spring better. It now holds the 8 rounds fine. Hopefully will be range testing both today.

You know what, i think over-travel is the biggest problem with this pistol. On the full size Glocks you can get a better grip on the gun but with these smaller ones the over travel makes you move the gun after the trigger breaks. This is what i think makes the sight move slightly when shooting the 43...