Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versamax gunsmith

triggerman300

I had Triangle open up the loading port and install a rear notch sight. Very good work & good turn around time.

I changed out the Benelli parts myself. (Not hard if you have any mechanical ability)

I can't speak to any trigger work. Mine has been just fine. After a few hundred rounds, I looked for the wear areas and gave them a light polish.

• 4 weeks later...

Sent mine to jeff at C-rums. Had load port, barrel throated, extended mag release. Gun has ran 100%

What is having the barrel throated?

From what I understand

He takes the sharp edges off where your shell goes into the barrel so that it doesn't shred the hull when the lifter is welded

Sent mine to jeff at C-rums. Had load port, barrel throated, extended mag release. Gun has ran 100%

What is having the barrel throated?

From what I understand

He takes the sharp edges off where your shell goes into the barrel so that it doesn't shred the hull when the lifter is welded

Ok thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to high-jack the thread, but I've had minimal work done to my Versamax. Just the port opened up, extension tube and switched out safety, bolt release etc. I would love a list or as many ideas of things that can be done to a Versamax. I wouldn't even know what to ask to have done to my shotgun, or what to tell friends to ask for that they should have done. Do you typically request work done (this seems obvious), or can you literally send someone your shotgun and tell them to trouble shoot problems and make it shoot magic unicorns?

Any things you guys could share to consider having done (non-cosmetic) would be really cool to know!

Thanks,

G