Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

armalite 18" loads 223

kevinm

• 4 weeks later...

First off, nobody shoots 18" barrels anymore. If you are not shooting a 16" or shorter barrel you are so far out of the mainstream that your opinion does not matter to any 3 gun shooting red blooded American. If you are still shooting anything longer than a 16" barrel you will be forced to wear a red and black plaid hunting hat and speak with a pronounced speech impediment. Now this only goes for rifles, shotguns are just the opposite, and should be as long as possible, because all the reasons for a short rifle do not apply to shotguns, cause thats the way is. If you did get your barrel trimmed down to a more acceptable 16" length then you could shoot anything that you wanted at targets less than 200 yards, and 69 grain or heavier on targets past 200 yards, but only east of the Mississippi, west of that you can use 55 grain for everything. As cleverly noted above if the target is at exactly 200 yards and not an inch longer or closer, then you MUST use a 77 grain bullet. Fortunately it is nearly always possible to take a half step back, thus slightly altering the target range so you could use your 55's agains those pesky 200 yard demons.

Okay, I've gotta know.. Where on gods green earth do you call home? Judging from your robust and borderline offensive response with regard to barrel length, I'm going to assume that you're a GM level 3-gunner.

-Melting in anticipation

I would certainly hope you are not actually melting, if you are then seek help immediately. My post was just a tad sarcastic. I was attempting to poke fun at the 16" rifle fad, and at the same time take a swipe at the jousting lance shotgun tubes. I should not have even included the bullet weight stuff, that debate is not even funny anymore.

• 4 weeks later...