Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1301 Endurance/ Parts Failure

ffgats

To all 1301C owners, any actual parts failure,breakage or any other concerns regarding your 1301 durability.

My personnal 1301 so far is looking good, but only fired a max of 5k for the last 18 months. You can mention even those normal maintenance parts like recoil springs, trigger springs firing pin etc etc. Thanks

5K in 18 months...you should be telling us!

Mr Kelly the 5k is the max, there are 3 of us using the SG, me and my 2 boys for IPSC, some Outlaw matches, Informal trap shooting and some practice. We average 1 case ( 250) of ammo a month. I just realized about a couple days ago when I was figuiring my budget for next year. lol

5K in 18 months...you should be telling us!

Mr Kelly the 5k is the max, there are 3 of us using the SG, me and my 2 boys for IPSC, some Outlaw matches, Informal trap shooting and some practice. We average 1 case ( 250) of ammo a month. I just realized about a couple days ago when I was figuiring my budget for next year. lol

Excellent to hear that you have your boys shooting too! Thank you. However that still gives you more rounds downrange than many others. have you had anything break?

ffgats,

I have been running a 1301C for about 2 years now and had my first parts failure on Saturday, at least it was the weekend before the match... The right side hammer strut broke right where it goes into the hammer spring. The left and right side hammer struts are different from each other and I am wondering if the right side fails more often than the left. Brownells has the right side strut on backorder but the left side was available I have 2 of each and the hammer strut bushing on order. The few Beretta service centers I have contacted did not have this part in stock either. This shotgun probably has about 3K rounds through it. The good news is a good friend was nice enough to loan me his trigger group for the match. So I will have hammer struts in my parts kit along with all the springs and the piston O-ring.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

So far the SG is running okay, still 100% reliabiltiy, still shoot slugs the saame accuracy. One reason I am doing this post is to ask other 1301 owners for some info. by no means I'm an authority with firearms. I want to get the parts before experiencing some failures, especially its a little a challenge to get parts up here. I saw one You Tube vid. about the guys A400 cam pin is chipping out, and the 1301 is basically a A400 with a cheaper price tag. so just a little bit of concern.

There is only one thing I noticed about my SG, it seems that the recoil spring doesnt have the "power" cant figure the right term. The only problem is I dont know how to replace the recoil spring, . By the way the only part that I replaced was the factory mag spring and install a new one that comes with Nordic mag extension.

ffgats,

I have been running a 1301C for about 2 years now and had my first parts failure on Saturday, at least it was the weekend before the match... The right side hammer strut broke right where it goes into the hammer spring. The left and right side hammer struts are different from each other and I am wondering if the right side fails more often than the left. Brownells has the right side strut on backorder but the left side was available I have 2 of each and the hammer strut bushing on order. The few Beretta service centers I have contacted did not have this part in stock either. This shotgun probably has about 3K rounds through it. The good news is a good friend was nice enough to loan me his trigger group for the match. So I will have hammer struts in my parts kit along with all the springs and the piston O-ring.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

I hope they will sell the parts individually , and not to force us to buy the complete trigger assembly, lol

Next year my 1301 will not be as over use since my son bought me a Supernova as our family second SG.

thanks for the info Jeff

5k in about 13 months. I clean it about every 1k, I've noticed a little wear where the lifter contacts the tail end of shell latch. It almost looks like it could build up a burr/get rough sometime in the next billion years so I polish it with 1000 grit now and then. No parts breakage or malfunctions yet.

• 1 month later...

Between 1000-1500 rounds through my 1301, mostly Federal Top Gun 1oz. Dead nuts accurate with slugs.

I'm working on a blog post with a more detailed writeup. I like my 1301 so much that I just purchased a second.

I've had mine 2 years, put approx 15k through in that time, 5k in the last 3 or 4 months or so (I do a case in practice most weeks & another in matches most months. November was pretty heavy usage. 4 cases for practice & 3 matches required a couple more)

She's cycled everything from 25g clay loads to some crazy powerful slug that broke the charging handle on my mates Versamax after 3 shots. She eats everything I throw at her, mainly 28g - 32g but some 36g buck & slug when I can't find the stuff I like

Only modifications are the usual (nordic tube, loading gate & lifter mods) and polishing the living shit out of anything that is remotely metal on metal. Haven't bothered with cutting down lifter or latch springs. She gets cleaned a week before majors, lubed with the Red Neck Tactical mix before taking her out for a spin a couple of days before to make sure I have put her back together properly.

Nothing has broken yet. Well, the mid bead fell out but after locktiting the replacement in there have been no problems.

Only other issue is that the aftermarket choke has a tendency to undo itself.

I have found a website for spares, they are in Italy but don't know if they'll ship to the US (no problem shipping to us in the UK) if you Google omps2 you should find it