Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Ejectors for STI - Any experience

Banacek

I was talking to a fellow STI owner and he mentioned getting a Dawson extended ejector for my 9mm Major pistol that is having some problems with ejecting cases. I just ordered the Aftec extractor since I did not like the fit of the factory STI extractor and will test that first but since I could not find a recent discussion of an extended ejector, thought I would check for some opinions.

Thanks

My new DVC came with the extended ejector. I love it. All this tuning stuff on the ejector is mute if it works with the flat face. When you put it in, flew the bottom at an angle so it clears your mag, then leave it flat and shoot it. Mine drops brass in a nice little pile and I don't have to go hunting for it. Out of 1000 rounds on my new DVC I may have 5 places on the bottom of my mount where the brass has hit. I feel that is from the used brass I have been using, I have not shot now new piece of brass in this gun since I bought it.

Get the dawson or the shooters connection extended ejector...only $20 or so. I use the SC extended ejector. They give you more meat to tune it and starts the ejection a bit sooner. Take a look at the brazos ejection perfection article: http://www.brazoscustom.com/magart/ejection%20perfection.htm

My new DVC came with the extended ejector. I love it. All this tuning stuff on the ejector is mute if it works with the flat face. When you put it in, flew the bottom at an angle so it clears your mag, then leave it flat and shoot it. Mine drops brass in a nice little pile and I don't have to go hunting for it. Out of 1000 rounds on my new DVC I may have 5 places on the bottom of my mount where the brass has hit. I feel that is from the used brass I have been using, I have not shot now new piece of brass in this gun since I bought it.

Great information guys, thanks!

Extended ejectors can hit a live primer when clearing a pistol and cause the round to fire out of the chamber and the shell to splinter in your hand or body. Ive personally witnessed this a few times with bloody results. Be careful.

Just don't cover the ejection port with your hand when clearing the gun. Given that the OP's gun is an open gun, it probably has a slide racker.

Extended ejectors can hit a live primer when clearing a pistol and cause the round to fire out of the chamber and the shell to splinter in your hand or body. Ive personally witnessed this a few times with bloody results. Be careful.

Just don't cover the ejection port with your hand when clearing the gun. Given that the OP's gun is an open gun, it probably has a slide racker.

One buddy forcefully cleared a jammed pistol with one hand in the front slide serrations clear of the ejection port. The brass splinters hit him in the upper abdomen and under the chin drawing a lot of blood. Just be aware of the possibilities and take precautions.

• 3 weeks later...

p.s. i still have the diagrahm of the ejector if anyone wants it I would have to send it to you on an email because i dont know how to pics on here

parashooter38, i'm interested on your diagram since i'm also building an open gun from a para frame. I'll im you my email address. thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brazos tuned ejector SUCKS!!!!!! I bought one this past Friday at the Florida Open and i could not even eject a loaded round if i racked the slide back normally. I had to pull the slide back slowly to let the loaded round come out the bottom of the grip and I was still having problems. I talked to Bob about it and he said "just pull the slide back slowly then" REALLY.....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMFH!!!!! Waste of money to me. and this was for my STI 38 Super open gun.

Brazos tuned ejector SUCKS!!!!!! I bought one this past Friday at the Florida Open and i could not even eject a loaded round if i racked the slide back normally. I had to pull the slide back slowly to let the loaded round come out the bottom of the grip and I was still having problems. I talked to Bob about it and he said "just pull the slide back slowly then" REALLY.....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMFH!!!!! Waste of money to me. and this was for my STI 38 Super open gun.

Sounds like your extractor tension is not correct. Not a problem with the ejector.