Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Triggers for 1911 and 2011

want2race

20151023_135921.jpg20151022_152445.jpg

20150427_122206.jpg

20150916_120147-1.jpg

I'm a hinge trigger fan. This is not just a redo of 10 year old tech. Significant changes were made to create what I think is the best trigger on the market. Single stage or two stage capable. I can go from 1.3# to 3# trigger pull without changing sear spring tension. Developed for accuracy sports but I also run them in my Limited gun and L10 1911. I can tune the feel and break to any preference, amazingly accurate feel.

Since the hinge is not allowed in SS division, there is another alternative. A two piece trigger that allows for more adjustment than regular slide triggers. Change the shape or length of pull (or both) as the bow has a threaded shaft that the trigger shoe screws onto. The bow is not too long, like I have found with other triggers. Mine dropped straight into my Springfield frame with no more play than the trigger I pulled out (STI blank). I prefer a reverse curve trigger and Christoph nailed it! Both styles available for both 1911 and 2011's. I'm not a dealer, just a fan of them.

I don't think he has the slide triggers on his site yet, but the X-line's are here: http://shop.xline-geppert.de/en/x-line-trigger/8-x-line-trigger.html

Met Christoph at the Bianchi cup this year and picked up a few of them. Actually, the group that I went with bought the last he had on hand. As a "better mousetrap" guy, as soon as I saw the hinge style trigger I HAD to have one. LOL.

How does the hinge actually work? That does not feel weird with it hinging first before pulling to the rear?

ok, editing now that I saw the video on how it works. I see you drill a set screw through the bottom to keep it from sliding. Interesting concept, I enjoy a sliding trigger over a hinge though.

Edited by Punished

You got me on the rules. I was going off memory, which has been declining lately. I will recheck, but I thought it was in there as specifically prohibited. Looking now.

It's not for everyone, that is true. Just like how I won't spend $125 on tuned 2011 magazines.

I installed my first one in my Bianchi gun. It is very, very easy to shoot the gun well now. When I'm shooting it I don't notice that the trigger hinges at the top. Still feels like a flat trigger. The best way I can describe is like this: Pull the take up on your current trigger and stop when it stacks on the sear. This is the resting position of the X-line trigger. Now pull the trigger so that the sear only moves 2/3rds of the way off the hammer hook, this is the first stage of the X-line. This position is when the hinge trigger hits the spring plunger (black plunger in pic). The added spring tension gives a second stage, usually an additional 1/2 pound but it's adjustable. Continue and the hammer falls.

All of the slack and movement in the trigger is gone. I'm pretty good at trigger jobs and removed a 2.10#, Bianchi legal trigger set up that I really liked. Felt really good on the set up and break. Once I got this dialed in, this one is even better.

I tried setting up my Limited gun with just a single stage. I used a stiff spring in the black plunger and set it up as a trigger stop. I didn't trust my self, so I changed it back to a traditional feeling two stage.

For Bullseye, Action Pistol etc. I think these will be more popular than for USPSA. Just wanted to share.

Really isn't that bad if it is a drop in. If you look at the drop ins for the glock, m&p, and xd's its right on par.

Usually those "Triggers" are a whole collection of parts though - connectors, springs, sears, etc. This is JUST the trigger - and ironically none of the stuff (sear, hammer, etc) that really effect what differentiates a good trigger from a bad.

I can see this new trigger being a nightmare to setup in a 2011 where the trigger is in the plastic grip and the sear/hammer is in the frame. With plastic 2011 grips there will always be grip on frame movement while shooting and this movement needs to be accounted for when setting up the Pre/Over travel of the trigger bow. If this new trigger eliminates all of the excessive Pre/Over travel then the depth of sear engagement will be all over the place as the plastic grip moves around while shooting.

For 1911's that have the grip and frame as one solid piece of metal this trigger would be great. But for a two piece Frame/Grip setup of a 2011, I don't think it would be very reliable. Even Metal grips on 2011 frames move around while shooting so switching to a metal grip wouldn't "Solve" the two piece movement issue.

Really isn't that bad if it is a drop in. If you look at the drop ins for the glock, m&p, and xd's its right on par.

Usually those "Triggers" are a whole collection of parts though - connectors, springs, sears, etc. This is JUST the trigger - and ironically none of the stuff (sear, hammer, etc) that really effect what differentiates a good trigger from a bad.

https://www.glockstore.com/pyramid-2001h

Looks about the same to me.

Tigger bar and shoe

Cha-lee, I understand your point as I've long known the difficulties of setting up 2011's for sub 2# triggers (not recommended) compared to 1911's.

I've installed an X-line in both a plastic and an aluminum grip.

The secondary sear angle is removed (or not added if starting with a new sear). My 2011 set up has more sear/hammer engagement and stronger sear spring tension than the previous set up. I did a LOT of testing and tuning on what changes effect what and why. Tried some different things along the way.

I'm glad someone is working on new trigger options. I find there are surprisingly few given the history of the 1911. I think the reverse crown or whatever its called looks awesome, and I want to try a hinged trigger some day. I am a little skeptical of the threaded trigger shoe attachment though.

I'm glad someone is working on new trigger options. I find there are surprisingly few given the history of the 1911. I think the reverse crown or whatever its called looks awesome, and I want to try a hinged trigger some day. I am a little skeptical of the threaded trigger shoe attachment though.

My take is there aren't many options because it was right in the first place...

I'm all for innovation but the hinge trigger looks like a solution in search of a problem. ;)

• 5 months later...

Update: I used an X-line in my limited gun and managed to win HOA at MD state last year. It's held up to my death grip trigger finger quite well. Still liking it a bunch. Bianchi gun continues to impress people that try it out. The slide triggers are available now. I haven't had any issues with mine so far. I'm running my koncave trigger screwed all the way in, short as it goes.

There is fitting for the hinge. It will be a gunsmith fit for most.

I had a teammate take some material off the back of one of the trigger shoes (slide trigger), then screw it back onto the threaded post. Made it about 1/8" shorter.

Two of the same X-Line Convex Vario triggers. The shoe on the left has had material removed from the base of the shoe and is screwed all the way onto the stud. The trigger on the right is in modified and there is another 3/16" to 1/4" of stud remaining before the shoe contacts the bow. Length can be adjusted by about 1/2". post-1793-0-54032600-1461180266_thumb.jp