Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In need of help!

CE325

I'm a D class limited shooter I don't really shoot that much only major matches. I have placed 3rd and 1st in the pro am 2nd in the florida state match D class.

I shoot a basically production glock 17 with factory mags no extension. when i classified about 2 years ago i had a magwell on my gun and stock mags when i was reloading they kept falling out cause i couldnt push them in far enough so I got crap scores. I just shot the monster match and I thought I did ok but I guess not! Please give me some tips to work on. My goal is to become a B shooter by the next state match in January.

Are you shooting limited minor?

If so, shooting limited minor is going to handicap you when you start shooting out of D class. One thing that sticks out is that you aren't breaking down the stages correctly and that is causing you to do a lot of standing reloads. 1st person video is not the best video for people to see what you need to improve on. We can't see your feet, your body, the way your head is turning towards targets, etc....

OP,

Call Universal and see if you can take a class from Manny before he leaves at the end of the year.

I hope the guy posted below does not mind.

Stage plans for the same match are better.

He finished 16th in Limited

Edited by theKenny

I plan on one day taking a class with Shannon Smith. I don't get to go to the range and practice for USPSA only time is at local matches. I plan on shooting one tomorrow only 3 stages but I have been practicing dry fire and set up makeshift stages in my back yard and shooting a BB gun! It is helping with my stage planning and taking time with my shots and moving faster.

• 1 month later...

Shooting Limited Minor will kill you. You would be better off shooting production or upgrading to a G22 or G35. Unless you have no problem shooting Alpha's. for every c you shoot miinor you are losing a point to a major C. Time that by 15 targets ( You are 15 in the whole before you even started. ) Also, Have a plan ready - I heard you on the first stage saying which way do I go. That should be figured out way before you're up. On the 3rd video pay attention to your splits the targets seem to be the same distance yet on one target it sounds like you have .30 splits and then you start to rush with just say .20 splits.

Please post on how the Shannon class was very interested in that.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it was somewhat helpful.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I noticed the same on the splits from targets at different distances. Longer targets will require more refined sight pictures and closer targets shouldnt require a great sight picture if you have good trigger control. Shooting minor definitely requires a lot of alphas. I drop too many points shooting production, but i dont have to contend with major scoring. Although good production shooters still dont drop many points either. Another positive of production is it makes you work on reloads and stage plans more. Otherwise you would get stuck with a standing reload every other array typically. Why dont you shoot production or at least get some mag extensions and put the magwell back on? Or put a 40 slide on as suggested previously. Limited minor is an uphill climb, but a shooting buddy of mine does it and does pretty well. How did you do on your quest to B class? Seems ambitious, being that you were still in D class after 2 years (not trying to sound degrading)

Daniel K

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the replys. I have not shot since the monster match untill last night. My stage planning sucks my gun sucks for my class. Im looking to upgrade to a better limited setup but im on a budget. I would love a sti edge in 40 cal. I may jave to sell or trade my AR 10 for something!

As far as b class goes im not close yet. 

I thought i did good last night i won my class out of 4 but overall not good. 

A couple mikes and no shoots along with charlies shooting minor doesnt help. Can anyone reccomend a good limited setup? 

Im signed up for the fl state match in january o would love to have a competitive gun and setup.

Thanks