Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Edge Upgrades

longbeard

I had a trigger job done, added a Dawson ICE magwell, and tool-less guide rod. that's about it.

You shoot a lot of the local Indy-area matches?

That's what I did with my Eagle. I also added a steel mainspring housing and a 12.5lb recoil spring. Very good crisp 2lb trigger. Damn thing isn't even fun shooting at the public range under 25yds. Thing shoots itself.

I'm going to guess an EGW igition kit, flat trigger and maybe an extractor

I had wondered about this as I've heard the stock sear doesn't hold up well for trigger jobs..

there is a reason why 99% of custom builders are using the EGW ignition kit include a few semi customs. I never bothered to ask why just know the result is a great trigger.

Edited by Stician

I had a trigger job done, added a Dawson ICE magwell, and tool-less guide rod. that's about it.

You shoot a lot of the local Indy-area matches?

That's what I did with my Eagle. I also added a steel mainspring housing and a 12.5lb recoil spring. Very good crisp 2lb trigger. Damn thing isn't even fun shooting at the public range under 25yds. Thing shoots itself.

I forgot about that - recoil spring.

When I got it, I looked at the springs I had, ordered some to fill in the gaps, then went to the range and tested a bunch to see what worked for me, my loads, my grip, etc.

Settled on a regular 12 lb spring.

I'd probably replace the guide rod. Dawson Tooless is nice but the regular one-piece rods with the little hole for a paperclip certainly work fine too.

If it doesn't already have it a drilled/tapped mag release button and a paddle for it.

Undercut and stippled grips are nice too - easily done with a $5 soldering iron (I use a dremel to cut the tip off of the one I use for this so that it creates larger dimples).

Mine is using stock trigger parts at 2.5lbs. So is my trojan at 2lbs. Id leave them in until they wear out.

Mine also has a custom msh, slide cuts, silicon carbide grip, ext mag release and a fibre optic.

20151028_171555_zpszcbmxtey.jpg

That's sexy!

I ordered a guide rod and 12lb. spring. I don't know why I'm against the RecoilMaster, but I am. Did your trigger job include replacing the ignition kit or did they just polish and tune what was in there?

I think the recoilmaster is a little gimmicky. The trigger job was done by the previous owner. Its all the original parts. The thumb safety was also fitted.

I put in an extreme engineering sear, disconnector, hammer, Dawson took less guide rod, 12lb recoil spring, 17 lb main spring, extended mag release and Dawson ice Magwell. Not sure what else id want to replace right now but it runs great with the 2.5 lb pull. I did have a hammer follow every now and then at 2 lbs. I probably need to adjust the hammer sear interface to get 2 lbs reliably. All I did was a light polish out of the package.

Edited by FunkyTownAggie

In addition to SVI flat trigger, extreme engineering sear, disconnector, hammer, Dawson took less guide rod, 10lb recoil spring,

Grip by Extreme Shooters, the smaller size like on a DVC.

Right side mag release by Mitchell Custom Guns.

I have smallish hands and this allows me to drop mags without adjusting my grip.