Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for an AR style rifle

killab

Total noob to the Airsoft game. I would like to find a quality AEG for practicing with the AR in my backyard. Looking to spend less than $125. I already know "buy once, cry once" but I'll just be using this for simple practice. Any M4/M16 variant will do.

If you want to comment on specific ones I've looked at, here's a very short list:

Lancer Tactical LT12B

JG M4A1 Basic AEG Airsoft Gun

if you're really fixed on sub-$125, then the JG will do the job. Just don't expect it to last too terribly long. I've worked on several JG gearboxes "back in the day" and they're....well....crap. Every now and again, they'd get it right, but they're mostly slapped together pieces of junk that make lots of noise.

If you want a true training weapon, then look at the KJW M4 gas-blowback series. If GBB isn't your thing, then any of the TM metal-bodied AEGs will be FAR superior to anything that Jing Gong will put out.

I personally don't like Evike, but many others do. I got screwed by them on more than one occasion, but they've supposedly rectified their "issues" from the past. I've ordered many times from http://www.airsoftgi.comin the past and never had a problem. Honestly, I ordered most of my airsoft stuff from http://www.wgcshop.com in Hong Kong. Never once had any problems.

I once ordered an airsoft gun from Evike... they sent me a uncle mikes style holster instead. Took 2 weeks to resolve the issue.. but I got to keep the $10 holster.

I went to the airsoft district in Hong Kong when I was there a month ago. It is insane.