Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perplexing imprinted circle on rear checkering WC Supergrade

Austin111

EdwardBlake,

I didn't notice it when it was new, did my first detailed cleaning recently before the new grips went on. So perhaps build up settled in the imprint after cleaning solution. When I order the gun, I chose the checkering for aesthetics, and the example Wilson had on the Tactical SG page was a rear view of a checkered slide but it was "Blued" rather than SS.

Thanks for the input/

A "detailed cleaning" should include the removal of the firing pin stop, firing pin and extractor so you can clean out the the firing pin & extractor tunnels. You'll be amazed at the carbon buildup in those areas.

Dude it's not an imprint. That's the end of the ectractor. That's a separate piece. As in it comes out from the slide. You can notice is as by nature there is a gap all the way round so it can be removed. I'm guessing you've never removed your extractor before. Have a look at some 1911 slide disassembly vids and you'll see what it is. :)

Sweet grips. Look similar to some Buckeye Burl grips I had from Sarge's Grips. Tell ya what, send me the pistol & I'll send you $500. You will never have to see that unsightly "circle" again. :goof: Nice looking gun. Enjoy it.

Edited by coltlover

BeerBaron,

Absolutely no comeback on my part.....But It is a sweet gun !!!

I have thick skin....I'll suck it up and push forward.....that's what I do !!

I wasn't trying to put you down (though rereading my post it seems a bit condescending). My apologies. I was purely guessing that you hadn't had cause to remove your extractor before hence didn't know it was there. And the youtube thing was an honest tip. There are vids that will help you understand more about the bits in your 1911.

Btw it is a beatiful gun. You don't see back of slide/extractor checkered so much these days but it was the bees knees for a comp gun to have that to cut down glare. I love the blending on the barrel bush too. Wilson make nice stuff. :)

BeerBaron, RangerTrace, Everyone....

Thanks for the input. BeerBaron, I never took your post as an insult. You have always helped me on the Tanfoglio side and you are absolutely correct.... I never fully dis-assembled a 1911. I did watch the Wilson Combat video on dis-assembly before my "newbie" post, but when he removed the firing pin, I "zoned out" just when he said "extractor" since I thought it was way too soon for me to worry about replacing/adjusting the extractor. I just wanted to know how to lube it and buffer the guide rod.

You know I'm in an accelerated mode to build a gun collection ASAP before my Republican NJ Governor is replaced by the leading Democrat and his anti-gun campaign. In rushing, I don't have time to master any of them I have a SW 460 XVR for over one year that I haven't even fired once.

Conclusion: No excuse for my naivety with this post, but in the end....the Forum was kinder to me than I initially expected !!!

Cheers all. I think I'll hide out in the SIG Forum until this blows over :mellow:

Edited by Austin111

Lol. Don't worry. We've all been there. Lack of knowledge on a particular subject is not a sign of low intelligence!

Good work on collecting ahead of regulatory issues. You have some great choices. 460xvr is one of those guns everyone should have. I've shot one once at an indoor range and my ears and guts still hurt!