Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Ironman East

49 minutes ago, usmc1094 said:

I think it's because they had FNH, the World shoot, then Iron man.  It may be running the local RO's a little thin being all in 1 month.  Just my thoughts. 

Most of FNH 3Gun RO'S are from out of state. I was there the week from NH others came from all over, some from Canada!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, usmc1094 said:

Your right some did come from out of town, I worked with the Canadians.  A lot of them come from York, pa.  I was just saying its hard to staff that many big matches this close together. 

Many have worked at FN 3 Gun for years. This was year 5 for me and my roommate.  I feel this makes a big difference in the skill level and professionalism in running shooters through. I agree that few would want to spend another week there.

more info to come, but i got word this morning that the MGM Ironman east has been cancelled due to lack of staff.  More details will be sent out this evening including info on sending out refunds, but I know it's getting close so I wanted to let everyone know asap.  I'm really sorry this happened.  I was looking forward to bringing the match to the east coast.  I had some great stages put together that I think everyone would have really enjoyed.  I apologize again for the trouble.

adios,

tg

I hate to say I was expecting it but I was.  This range has promoted many matches and charged high entry fees and then produced very weak prize tables and minimal stages before. The last match I ran most of our squad because the RO had very little experience and was told he could only shoot for fun, his scores didn't count.  Not a great way to get people to work for you. Great facility but not being run in a way that I ever have high expectation if the range is running the match. 

That really sucks. Several of my buddies have been wanting for years to shoot ironman, but it was just to expensive. With Ironman east we thought we were finally going to get our chance. It sucks that lack of staff is the problem. I hope everyone that signed up can get their hotels and flights. 

FYI - From their Facebook page:

MATCH CANCELATION NOTICE: 
After much effort and consideration, the MGM Ironman East Match has been regrettably canceled due to significant staffing shortages. 

All paid shooters have been sent an email to process their refunds. Please look for this email and respond to it so that refunds can be processed. 

We'll post more info on this thread regarding a 2017 match later this year. Thanks again to all the shooters, sponsors, and staff that committed to this effort. 

Cole McCulloch & The PNTC Match Team

20 hours ago, glock34shooter said:

That really sucks. Several of my buddies have been wanting for years to shoot ironman, but it was just to expensive. With Ironman east we thought we were finally going to get our chance. It sucks that lack of staff is the problem. I hope everyone that signed up can get their hotels and flights. 

It looks like it was more than a lack of staff. Practiscore had about 50 total shooters registered. Low shooter numbers and not enough staff will kill any match.

7 hours ago, Mig said:

Haven't recd that email. Could someone post a copy of it.

After much effort and consideration, the MGM Ironman East Match has been regrettably canceled. 

Specifically, in order to properly run this VERY unique match, we absolutely require a core group of senior 3Gun/Ironman experienced RO's capable of the handling the physical nature of the match. Unfortunately, several key staff had major availability conflicts, and other back up staff conflicts also became evident. 

Therefore, without the proper staff commitments, the integrity of the match may be compromised and therefore, we have no choice but to cancel the match. Moreover, after 6 years we've never canceled a match, but given these realities we need to do so. 

Of course we will offer a full $300 refund to any paid shooter or any paid shooter may opt for a $350 PNTC match Credit or Store Credit good through 2017. 

In order to send you your refund, we'll need to issue you a check as processing this many refunds via the "STRIPE" credit card system is not practical. 

PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO:

PLEASE INCLUDE:
- YOUR FULL MAILING ADDRESS
- STATE "REFUND" OR "CREDIT"  

NOTE:
- If you choose "CREDIT" We will apply your credit to our master match refund document. You can redeem throughout the year when shooting PNTC matches or when shopping in the PNTC store through 2017. 

We will begin processing refunds on or before Sept 15th depending upon our ability to contact and receive shooter addresses. 

If you have any additional questions, please email me atcole@peacemakernational.com or call me at 304-229-4867

Thanks,

Cole McCulloch
& The PNTC Match Team

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my email from Peacemaker this morning:

We started processing them on the 15th and they are being mailed through USPS, so you should receive it this week.

Thanks!

Jennifer McCulloch
Peacemaker National Training Center
(304)279-5158

10 minutes ago, Mig said:

Here's my email from Peacemaker this morning:

We started processing them on the 15th and they are being mailed through USPS, so you should receive it this week.

Thanks!

Jennifer McCulloch
Peacemaker National Training Center
(304)279-5158

Good deal.   Thanks for posting that.  I got an e mail from them just now saying they're being processed as we speak.