2016 Ironman East

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I saw the post on the 2016 schedule page I knew that the match deserved it's own thread. Travis, now that the cat is out of the bag can you give us some details? Will this be a real Ironman?

Thx for starting this. was just getting ready to put a new one up when i saw this!! details below!!

adios,

tg

Edited to add registration opening time.

sorry for the delay on this. I was getting some details ironed out. Below is the long and short. If you're interested in RO'ing for this match, hit me up at bigcheeze@mgmironman.com. Pls don't pm me here as i check this every 14 months whether I need to or not. E mail is much better. Some of you will be new to working ironman and some wont. i'm sure this match will be just like the regular ironman so i'll have more help than I know what to do with. If you hit me up, i'll send back some info I need from you and then I'll be making decisions on who will be working. Thanks in advance.

Below are more details on the match. Post here if you've got questions and i'll try to get timely answers. Again, I apologize for the delay.

Registration for both matches opens May 2 at 19:00 EST.

ST registration link https://practiscore.com/2016-mgm-ironman-east-st/register

OLHOT Registration link. https://practiscore.com/2016-mgm-ironman-east-olhot/register

I'll be acting as match director and range master. I'll be handling everything to do with shooting the match and staff. All other items such as sponsorships will be handled by Cole. His e mail is cole@peacemakernational.com
ST match; Sept 30-Oct 2
OLHOT match Oct 4-6
Stages and round count TBD. but figure on at least 9 stages and roughly 900 rounds (300P, 300SG, 300R,...and some slugs...30ish for now...maybe some bolt gun targets too...)
Match fee; $300 and $250 for juniors
Peacemaker National Training Center

Adios,
TG

Edited by tgibson

will you be adding IME to your webpage? i think it would be helpful to the guys that never shot IM before. the rules are not like any other match....especially trooper division. people should read up on the rules.

having your friends help with extra ammo and a bit of guidance is great....and new.

trooper division is AWESOME! if yo can carry it you can run it! if you dont carry it you cant use it. no borrowing anything! a new idea....but really awesome. let see, last year i ran glock34, two shotguns, ar15 and ar308! awesome!

we will see if i can run ST and trooper again this year......last year's 105+ degree temps all most killed me....good thing it was a dry heat......felt like a convection oven instead of a steamer.....like that makes a difference. only difference was i was dying dry instead of dying wet!

looking forward to IME

http://www.mgmironman.com/index.php/registration

Edited by eddiegunks

will you be adding IME to your webpage? i think it would be helpful to the guys that never shot IM before. the rules are not like any other match....especially trooper division. people should read up on the rules.

having your friends help with extra ammo and a bit of guidance is great....and new.

trooper division is AWESOME! if yo can carry it you can run it! if you dont carry it you cant use it. no borrowing anything! a new idea....but really awesome. let see, last year i ran glock34, two shotguns, ar15 and ar308! awesome!

we will see if i can run ST and trooper again this year......last year's 105+ degree temps all most killed me....good thing it was a dry heat......felt like a convection oven instead of a steamer.....like that makes a difference. only difference was i was dying dry instead of dying wet!

looking forward to IME

http://www.mgmironman.com/index.php/registration

Honestly, I'm not sure if they're going to do a webpage or not. Everyone is more than welcome to check out the original Ironman website www.mgmironman.com for info though. I'd like for the rules to be exactly the same, but we'll just have to see what happens when I get there. I'm just showing up to run the match and make sure everyone has fun and is safe. :D

adios,

tg

• 2 weeks later...

Note from Cole at Peacemaker re registration....

"As many of you may have heard, the Famed MGM Ironman 3Gun Match known as the toughest 3gun match on earth will now have an east coast venue.

Travis Gibson, will be the match director, and the overall competition will closely resemble the Ironman match held in Parma Idaho.

Registration opens Monday May 7th, 2016 sharp at 7PM for both the Scoped Tactical Match Held From 9/30 - 10/2, and the OLHOT Match Held On Tuesday 10/4 - Thursday 10/6

See more details & register at the match website: http://peacemakernational.com/mgm

Thanks

Cole McCulloch

(cell) 304-712-6233

cole@peacemakernational.com

www.peacemakernational.com

adios,

tg

Edited by tgibson

NOTE!! NOTE!! NOTE!!!

REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 2ND!! NOT MAY 7TH. I GOT SOME BAD INFO!! BELOW ARE THE DETAILS!!

MGM Ironman East Registration Opens on May 2nd at 7PM EST

Match 1: ST (Scoped Tactical) Friday Sept 30th - Sunday Oct 2nd Match 2: OLHOT (Open, Limited, Heavy & Trooper) Tuesday Oct 4th - Thursday Oct 6th

Just to be sure before I sign up, in Trooper, you can set you gear down when you get to the stage correct? You only have to carry all of it transporting between stages. I have been reading the rules and my guess is carry all transporting between stages but set it down when you get there to aid in resetting and what not. Also is the area where we will lock all our gear up at the end of the day at the club shop or will it be up on the range?

Never shot Ironman and I am glad it is coming to the East side so I can try my hand at Trooper.

Just to be sure before I sign up, in Trooper, you can set you gear down when you get to the stage correct? You only have to carry all of it transporting between stages. I have been reading the rules and my guess is carry all transporting between stages but set it down when you get there to aid in resetting and what not. Also is the area where we will lock all our gear up at the end of the day at the club shop or will it be up on the range?

Never shot Ironman and I am glad it is coming to the East side so I can try my hand at Trooper.

I'm not sure on the ironman east trooper shed. They should be getting stages put together for that shortly. That'll determine where the gear will be staged. They've got lots of locations at that venue that would work.

adios,

tg