Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Divisions

Flexmoney

48 minutes ago, mccurdy53 said:

I disagree. Minimum bullet caliber for Major in both Limited and L10 is .40.  If you are going to shoot 9 Major you'll have to do it in Open.

You can shoot 9 major in revolver as well, along with 357 sig as major in Limited and Limited 10.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/21/2015 at 2:18 AM, gavagai said:

But that's kind of my question. Why is it caliber based rather than (solely) power factor based? I mean, I get that 9mm major is probably dangerous in other than a custom build and so might want to be discouraged in "lesser" divisions, but that's not true for 38 super major loads is it? It seems strange to force a 38 super to score minor in SS eg if it's using a major load. Sorry for noob question - my knowledge is extremely limited.

Or put another way, why is a 38 super 1911, eg, shooting major loads artificially disadvantaged?

If they allowed 9mm or 38 whatever to make major in limited everyone would do it for the mag capacity. It started out as a safety thing, people were blowing up guns pushing 38 super to the old major, and now they leave it like that so everyone doesn't need new guns. A change like that would make every 40 limited gun obsolete overnight 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2013 at 1:09 PM, Mpie427 said:

What type of belts are allowed running in "production" class? Example I have a Double Alpha "duty' belt and IDPA legal holster - can this combination be used?

you can use any belt you want as long as the rig doesn't move when you draw or remove a magazine.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, ecazares559 said:

On an earlier post, somebody said you can put grip tape on a production gun. Is this true?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yes, it's true...but only in the locations specified in the rulebook. See Appendix E4 of the rulebook.

2 minutes ago, ecazares559 said:

Are black scorpion mag pouches legal for uspsa production?

Have you read the rules, specifically those related to equipment?  You're two for two on rules-related questions for equipment.

https://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/Feb 2014 Handgun Rules.pdf

You're looking for Chapter 5 and Appendix D4, E3 and E4.

Have you read the rules, specifically those related to equipment?  You're two for two on rules-related questions for equipment.

https://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/Feb 2014 Handgun Rules.pdf

You're looking for Chapter 5 and Appendix D4, E3 and E4.

Sorry, I'm new to the sport. However, you are right. I should read the rulebook.

1 minute ago, ecazares559 said:

Sorry, I'm new to the sport. However, you are right. I should read the rulebook.

Welcome and enjoy but yes, it's a short rulebook and in USPSA it matters because the RO's aren't reminding you every three steps what, where and how to shoot.

They WILL, however, be happy to help if you let them know you're new.  Be warned, though, it's addictive!

Past that, it'll help avoid the "is my holster legal," "how far forward can I put it on my belt" and "can I put mags in my pockets" questions. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, EddieCrispo said:

Stippling ok in carry optics?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Yes

I'm not sure but I think they have the same rules as production here. Stippling is allowed only in certain areas.

14 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

I'm not sure but I think they have the same rules as production here. Stippling is allowed only in certain areas.

Grips

Replacement grip panels are allowed provided they do not extend below the butt of the gun to form a make-shift magwell. Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are specifically allowed, without reference to Appendix

E4. Grip tape or grip sleeves cannot disengage a grip safety.

• 1 month later...
I disagree. Minimum bullet caliber for Major in both Limited and L10 is .40.  If you are going to shoot 9 Major you'll have to do it in Open.

IPSC allows .357 Sig as major in Standard and Classic Divisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, SingingShooter said:

Is the Kimber Stainless ii Target (LS) legal in Production 1911 division in USPSA?  http://www.kimberamerica.com/stainless-target-ls-2

It seemed that obvious to me as well, but peculiar that Kimber would manufacture a target model that wasn't legal for production.

1 hour ago, SingingShooter said:

It seemed that obvious to me as well, but peculiar that Kimber would manufacture a target model that wasn't legal for production.

It says target, not competition. I doubt it is legal even for single stack due to size. There are other shooting disciplines bullseye, Bianchi cup etc., not to mention just plinking at "targets" at your local range. I'd say in this instance calling it a target pistol is a marketing label more than anything else.

Is the Kimber Stainless ii Target (LS) legal in Production 1911 division in USPSA?  http://www.kimberamerica.com/stainless-target-ls-2

Don't know what "Production 1911" division is. The pistol isn't legal in Production or Single Stack for USPSA matches. Fails box test in both. And, it is a SA pistol as best I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk