Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it me or will this thing work?

dogtired

I can see how it was designed to be strong, lightweight etc, but the arm over the ejection port seems troublesome. Why not a design like this:

scope_mounts_daa_aimpoint_micro_sight_mo

I understand that the ejection is at the rearward end of slide motion and "should" cleanly eject. But with all the ejection port mods and brass trapping with other mounts, I see some potential for issues.

Edited by dogtired

I can see how it was designed to be strong, lightweight etc, but the arm over the ejection port seems troublesome. Why not a design like this:

scope_mounts_daa_aimpoint_micro_sight_mo

It only covers the port in battery. It doesn't cover at all when the slide is actually back and ejecting the spent casing.

With that revision, the weight of the sight is very much cantilevered in the direction of recoil combined with angle/stress risers in between the weight and frame mounting, it can easily crack with moderate volume shooting of major rounds. Just my opinion.

Eta. That aimpoint sight is much heavier than other reddot types in use today.

Edited by BoyGlock

With that revision, the weight of the sight is very much cantilevered in the direction of recoil combined with angle/stress risers in between the weight and frame mounting, it can easily crack with moderate volume shooting of major rounds. Just my opinion.

A polymer C-more is 3.0 oz

An aluminum C-More is 4.5oz

An Aimpoint T-1 is 3.3 oz

An Aimpoint T-2 is 3.0 oz

I don't think the recoil stresses would change any measurable amount. My design form follows function but lacks aesthetics. Of course I can only design 7th grade art projects (sometimes 5th grade too).

Chips pic looks more reasonable on ejection port coverage. Maybe camera angle is everything.

Chips mount is mounted more forward than the gun in the first post.

Haven't had any ejection issues with this old gun/mount

00e0806e8f8907490abd38d5ff92cdec.jpg

• 2 weeks later...