Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA supposedly makes the 100% based on the average of the 10 best. At least that's what they say. My suspicion is it would take years for all the classifiers to get 10 L6 scores and the vast majority of those scores are not going to be the top dogs running them.

The icore pool is to small, we all know who the GM's will be and what the 100% will be on any given classifier, and they are going to be very very close to the L8 times.

Ron is a clever guy, he will make good estimates that are going to be really close.

This is being discussed as we speak. If you look at the 40 different classifiers, you'll see that only two have an advantage for eight shot guns over six shot guns. Probably there would be very little up or down movement for currently classified Limited shooters in the Limited 6 Division. We will see what happens, but I'll be interested in your input.

Shots unlimited won't affect high hit factor, those would be set by a run with no misses. It may help a shooter at a lower classification though.

The 625s still reload a bit faster, I see no reason why the high hit factor would change for L6.

Remeber, while 6 round neutral may no longer be a requirement. Each club is selling entertainment to its members. The new rule allows each club to better cater to those paying for the product being offered. 6 round nuetral will continue if it is the wish of those paying for the entertainment .

As far as classification goes ... a Limited classification "must" be a classification for all Limited shooters ... Limited 6 or otherwise.

If we do anything else ... (like give Limited 6 it's own classification) ... then we would have to accept that "all" current Limited classifications are dirty (as they are contaminated with Limited 6 scores) and must be thrown out.

This would mean that we would have to re-establish a fresh classification database based on input from scores associated by division.

Limited 6 is a competitive equalizer for match results ... not classification.

All Limited guns are on even ground when shooting a classifier.

edit: IMHO ... :(

Edited by pete627

As far as classification goes ... a Limited classification "must" be a classification for all Limited shooters ... Limited 6 or otherwise.

If we do anything else ... (like give Limited 6 it's own classification) ... then we would have to accept that "all" current Limited classifications are dirty (as they are contaminated with Limited 6 scores) and must be thrown out.

This would mean that we would have to re-establish a fresh classification database based on input from scores associated by division.

Limited 6 is a competitive equalizer for match results ... not classification.

All Limited guns are on even ground when shooting a classifier.

edit: IMHO ... :(

Nothing about creating an L6 division invailidates all the data already established and that data will no doubt be used to set the initial values, like I said, Ron is a clever guy...

All but two classifiers are shots limited and all that I am aware of are 6 neutral. I know for a fact that at least one of the limited high scores was set with a 6 shot gun because I watched it happen.

I get what you are saying, but I just don't think its a factor.

Actually, there are 4 Shots Unlimited classifiers,(CS-005, CS-016, CS-018, and CS-020). I'm thinking it doesn't make much sense to establish a separate classification for L-6, just use one for both Divisions based on our current classifiers. We'll see soon how this all plays out.

Edited by harleytech

Perhaps it was I that was having the misunderstanding. I get what you are saying now. I can see how since its still a limited class then it wouldn't necessarily change the high over hit factor. I hadn't figured that anything would happen to Limited classifications from prior to the rule change. I had figured it would have been similar to when they started Classic division and it took some time for those classifications to be processed and posted. I can see now that you can easily base Limited 6 classes out of previous Limited hit factors because there should be not advantage gained by and 8-shot gun on classifiers (meaning a clean run will always be top hit factor).