Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition Flyer

DWNZRO

I was at my local gun store recently and as usual, was shooting the breeze with the guys at the counter. We started talking about competition and how I MD a local IDPA match. He mentioned that I could put up a flyer in their store that they could point to when someone makes a related purchase. I'm sure someone here has already done this, figured we could bounce ideas and designs off of each other. Please post any flyers that you have done or seen, as inspiration. I've attached the only flyer I found using a Google search and it is ROUGH, to put it nicely.

It could be IDPA / USPSA / 3 gun specific, or competitions in general held at your local club.

Would it be a good idea to list some of the most popular guns / gear used?

What pictures / phrases would capture people's attention?

Include gun safety rules / range safety rules?

If you've never shot in any sort of competition, what are the main things you should know before your first match?

Price

# shots estimated

distance of targets

minimum equipment requirements

NO EXPERIENCE necessary

website of USPSA or IDPA

location of range / directions

date/time (beginning and approx. ending time)

name/phone number for questions

mention it is outdoors (rain or shine)

volunteer sport

facilities at the range

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to discuss putting up posters, tri-fold match brochures, and other marketing stuff at my local gun shops, but they are reluctant to do so. They told me they do not want to give up valuable counter space and wall display space. :( I dislike gun shops that do not support the shooting sports. :(

But anyhow...here's a copy of our tri-fold. We explain the range and weekend matches we host.

Edited to add: We also posted a "New Shooters Guide" for USPSA on our web site and a lot of new shooters to the sport have gone and downloaded it, read it, and commented how it helped them get started. Can be found at http://rocketcityshooters.com Feel free to use it and modify it any way you like.

RCPS_Brochure_TriFold.pdf

Edited by Mark R