Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA STI 2011 Eagle holster for first timer

glocklife34

I have been shooting paper for years and im tired of it so i will be getting into action pistol.

Im setting up my rig for my first match i wanna join USPSA Limited division. I have a 2011 sti eagle 5" with DAA belt and DAA race master magazine pouch. what do you guys recommend for a hoslter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep it in the DAA family and get their race master magnetic race holster. super secure yet when you unlock it the gun can come out very fast.

and congrats on making it over to the competition side, way funner than standing at a firing line punching paper.

keep it in the DAA family and get their race master magnetic race holster. super secure yet when you unlock it the gun can come out very fast.

and congrats on making it over to the competition side, way funner than standing at a firing line punching paper.

This. It seams like all the limited and open shooters around here are using them..

I will go the other way. Unless you plan to move to a different platform in the future, or go to open, I think the time gained from a race holster probably isn't worth the hundreds of dollars they cost. I love my racemaster, but if I wasn't putting an open gun in it I think using the 150 bucks you save buying a bladetech on ammo instead of a race holster might be good.

But take that with a grain of salt, cause I have and love a Racemaster Magnetic that I use with my limited gun. But I don't think it's necessary as much as it is just cool.

And if you are positive you are going to stick with the 2011 platform (even if you go open), then consider the Racer holster option, it is the same design as a Racemaster but is made of plastic and doesn't have interchangeable blocks. Saves you a good chunk of change.

I will go the other way. Unless you plan to move to a different platform in the future, or go to open, I think the time gained from a race holster probably isn't worth the hundreds of dollars they cost. I love my racemaster, but if I wasn't putting an open gun in it I think using the 150 bucks you save buying a bladetech on ammo instead of a race holster might be good.

But take that with a grain of salt, cause I have and love a Racemaster Magnetic that I use with my limited gun. But I don't think it's necessary as much as it is just cool.

And if you are positive you are going to stick with the 2011 platform (even if you go open), then consider the Racer holster option, it is the same design as a Racemaster but is made of plastic and doesn't have interchangeable blocks. Saves you a good chunk of change.

I would go the opposite way and say if buying new add the hundred and get the right tool for the job. A standard bladetech sucks... most production guys are using the BOSS holster bracket which makes it a 100 dollar holster. The Racer is a good option, but should you choose to get rid of it in the future I think the Racemaster will be easier to sell and probably fetch more money.

For a beginner in our sport I would go Boss, 100%. I went back to it for Limited and although it probably costs me a tiny bit (I shoot a 6" gun) I prefer it over my racemaster because I can be way more aggressive getting to the gun, the gun never falls out and it never binds up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using, and been happy with, a Blade-tech Speed Rig holster in limited. Used one for my G35 and now using one for my Edge. They're plenty fast on the draw and give me a better feeling of security for the gun.

• 2 weeks later...