Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Remington / Para Pistols

MrtyWood

I hope they can reproduce what they have done with the R1 series. My R1 enhanced is a tack driver with a good out of the box trigger. My P16.40 is a great gun, but feels much cheaper than the R1. Para took too many shortcuts with cheap parts. I look forward to a Remington double stack.

• 4 months later...

Hopefully the hasbro front sight will disappear ... I know it is a personal preference thing ... but ... (and the roll stamps don't get overdone ... more ...) ... :sick:

attachicon.gifr1sight.jpg

That looks like a Kensight product.http://stores.kensight.com/standard-fronts-fiber-optic-blade-flat-base/

It's not a cheap sight, and it really works well for anyone shooting action pistol sports.

• 10 months later...

The smartest thing Remington can do with the Para name is come out with an entire new generation of wide bodies, that are STI/SVI magazine compatable.... Seriously, the whole problem with the para's was multiple generations of frames and magazines.  Why not just engineer it around something thats already common within the community your trying to market the product to. 

If find it funny how the trend now is metal grips on STI and SVI frames... Like Para has that in a one piece deal... they obviously don't have their eyes open to whats going on in their market...

All they need to do is put two models out, just two, under the para name on a new engineered frame, and some cool slide cuts.  One limited gun in 9mm or 40, and one open gun in 38super or 9major...  It would be game on...  Market that they are compatible with both SVI and STI tubes, etc... Basically compete directly against the DVC line, with similar features.  Maybe one up the limited and go with an island cut slide with sight tracker barrel.  Be really cutting edge and offer them stroked...

But for some reason, they can't even keep quality control on their existing products like their old Remington 700 (dude seriously its been hit or miss with those for decades) and they are to short sighted to put one out in the 6.5creedmore which is like the most popular growing cartridge out there. Come on guys, like someone needs to smell the fresh coffee.  And hey if your listening Remington reps....  That one's free....  

44 minutes ago, lee blackman said:

The smartest thing Remington can do with the Para name is come out with an entire new generation of wide bodies, that are STI/SVI magazine compatable.... Seriously, the whole problem with the para's was multiple generations of frames and magazines.  Why not just engineer it around something thats already common within the community your trying to market the product to. 

If find it funny how the trend now is metal grips on STI and SVI frames... Like Para has that in a one piece deal... they obviously don't have their eyes open to whats going on in their market...

All they need to do is put two models out, just two, under the para name on a new engineered frame, and some cool slide cuts.  One limited gun in 9mm or 40, and one open gun in 38super or 9major...  It would be game on...  Market that they are compatible with both SVI and STI tubes, etc... Basically compete directly against the DVC line, with similar features.  Maybe one up the limited and go with an island cut slide with sight tracker barrel.  Be really cutting edge and offer them stroked...

Offer a long wide dustcover iron sighted gun in both 9 and 40.

Offer a short wide dustcover open gun in both 9 and 38.

The dustcover width prevents most Para's from having a single sided scope mount, they tend to crack if there are only holes on one side. Having a thicker frame would solve that problem, and offering it 2011 mag compatible as you mention would be hugely successful I would think. Introduce them at a sub 2k price point (MSRP on the new Tomasie Custom is only 1650), and people would buy them assuming there was any quality control. 

• 9 months later...

I can't say that I'm a big fan of the looks. I believe there was a member on another forum that was having function problems and already back to the warranty dept.  

If they can make them reliable then they'll be an economical alternative. 

• 1 month later...

I picked mine up R1 Limited (18 round in 40) and already dont like the magazines that came with it; the springs seem to have a strange bend in them that that follower has to straighten as it slides in the magazine body I originally thought they were assembled backwards. I did get two MBX 140 mags 21 rounds that seat and chamber so we will see how things work when I get a chance to actually shoot it.

Edited by WarrenZ

• 1 month later...