Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMore batteries

jim v

I recently purchased two of the cheap CMore scopes from Amazon. Both dots were very bright which I put down to new dot modules.

After 4-5 months I am ready to replace the battery in the first one. On removal I measured the voltage expecting to get a voltage in the 2.6 - 2.8 volt range. Guess what - 4.0 volts!

The battery seems to be a standard unit marked on the back with Duracell CR 1/3N 3Volts Mn O2-Li cell Japan and the letters FDK.

Has anyone come across this type of battery before?

Obviously I would like to get more as they are bright and last a long time. Jim

Data sheet shows these are 3 volt batteries.

http://www.fdk.com/battery/lithium_e/pdf/data_sheet/coin_p_type/CR1_3N_spec-sheet.pdf

Also available is 6 volt Type 2CR1/3N (2 x regular CR1/3N voltage?) but they are twice as long.

I've had a few batteries test out a little over 3 volts when new but never as high as 4 volts.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Yeah I got sick of my choice being either expensive Duracell 1/3n locally or cheap shit ones off ebay. Got a pair of 357s (Duracell) even buying 2 the total price is a third of a single 1/3n. Plus since they are 1.55v each you get a noticeable boost.

I actually have one cmore that is dying. New batteries weren't helping and it's 6moa dot looked like a 3 or 4. Normally with a new battery set to 10 the dot flares. Not so with this dying one. Stuck in 2 x 357s and its back to being usable. I'll be repairing/replacing it but at least for now using 2 357s got me through the last few matches.

So I can't help with the 4v 1/3 but 2 x 357s works just fine and definitely gives a brighter/bigger dot. :)

I know a couple of the local guys around here buy the batterires at walmart in the fishing section, they are bobber batteries.

Bobber batteries?!? Damn, fishing has changed since I last went in the late 70's!

I know a couple of the local guys around here buy the batterires at walmart in the fishing section, they are bobber batteries.

Bobber batteries?!? Damn, fishing has changed since I last went in the late 70's!

They are pretty cheap that way. I think they are 3 dollars for 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've been stacking two 357 batteries together and sticking them in the place of the one original and it gives me 3.1 volts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I got sick of my choice being either expensive Duracell 1/3n locally or cheap shit ones off ebay. Got a pair of 357s (Duracell) even buying 2 the total price is a third of a single 1/3n. Plus since they are 1.55v each you get a noticeable boost.

I actually have one cmore that is dying. New batteries weren't helping and it's 6moa dot looked like a 3 or 4. Normally with a new battery set to 10 the dot flares. Not so with this dying one. Stuck in 2 x 357s and its back to being usable. I'll be repairing/replacing it but at least for now using 2 357s got me through the last few matches.

So I can't help with the 4v 1/3 but 2 x 357s works just fine and definitely gives a brighter/bigger dot. :)

I just used 2 357 batteries in my laser max on my ruger. Works great and much cheaper than duracell 1/3. Thanks for the advice. :cheers: