Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics Question

Building a rifle for multi-gun.

I want to shoot Tactical Division.

According to the rule book;

5.1.4 Sights

5.1.4.2 says I can mount a scope along with iron sights

5.1.4.2.1 "The magnifier does not include an aiming reticle"

I'm confused about the aiming reticle. What constitutes an aiming reticle?

Am I limited to a dot type optical sight in Tactical?

Thanks

Ed

Not at all, what that old rule referred to is if you are using a separate magnifier behind a reddot optic. The magnifier should not have the ability to add aim reticle or you'll be breaking the rules. You would be fine running any scope you wish, and through the many years of RO'ing I've never looked down someone's magnifier to see if it has a extra aim reticle behind there reddot... mainly because I already felt sorry for them. :)

What ruleset? Typically the magnifier reticle prohibition is only for two piece optic systems such as an a red dot and a separate flip out magnifier. In most rulesets if the item in question does not have any glass it is unregulated (iron sights). But tactical typically allows one glass optic of your choice, or a two part optic system as long as only one part has an aiming reticle. I do not believe there are many people if any who actually run such a system any more so the whole thing should most likely get stricken from most rulesets for clarity and just simplify to only allowing a single optic in tactical. Or not, digital ink is cheap.