Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm brass marked FM

TANFARM

Any one ever heard of this brass.Or a 9mm with an 11 (eleven) on the face??. I was running low on cleaned brass so I got 4K from a local guy. This is half 9mm FM marked. Having a hell of a time with primers....they are really difficult to remove and then accept a new primer. Using a 650 and never encountered a mess like this.Is the a Berdine sp primer??

Lesson learned.....up to this misadventure I always sorted by headstamp and condition before cleaning....this is What I deserve from breaking the routine.......also a lot of strange assorted 9/10 in this batch...was told they were sorted......but they were extremely clean.....lol

That brass is absolute garbage. It has an internal ridge about 1/4 up the case. I have had (3) pieces of brass split in half in my chamber (before I realized the brass was the problem, I now throw ever piece in the trash). Ammoland, IMT, FM it's all absolute garbage. It's some short cut in the manufacturing process that allows them to save a cent or two during production.

Don't even think of loading these if you are shooting 9 major. It's a recipe for a frustrating trip home from the range!

FM, IMT, and AmmoLand are all complete shite. And don't use Geco for major 9mm open either, just as bad. And I would tell your homie to kick you down another 2K of good brass, or give you back half your $$$. Every shooter on the planet knows the stuff is crap. Wonder why all the rest of the ammo makers don't use a stepped case????

image36944.jpg

Edited by 9x45

Hello: I have been just finding out about this in the past couple of weeks. I shot a friends gun yesterday and it jammed. Pull the stuck case out and sure enough a FM case. They are a two piece case that will sometimes leave the top ring in the chamber. I have another friend that this happened to. These were both major loads but I still would not use them for minor. Looks like a major problem to me for everyone. Thanks, Eric

FM brass is okay to load for minor and where PF isn't an issue. Before reloading, I bought a few cases of FM ammo and saved the brass. I've reloaded the same FM brass at least two times with no case separation issues. But I usually use those reloads at lost brass matches.

The primer pockets aren't crimped as far as I can tell, and I haven't had trouble depriming them. It is terrible brass, though, with the flash coming out into the primer pocket. That's probably where the OP's primer seating issues stem from.

You know that is not an all bad idea. Turn that crap brass back in to Xtreme for the credit. I don't know why but that never even crossed my mind.

Last I looked they are only giving $1.80 a pound. Then you have to pay to ship it to them. Sure would need a shitload of the junk to make it worth the bother.

You know that is not an all bad idea. Turn that crap brass back in to Xtreme for the credit. I don't know why but that never even crossed my mind.

Last I looked they are only giving $1.80 a pound. Then you have to pay to ship it to them. Sure would need a shitload of the junk to make it worth the bother.

Hmm yeah probably so. Interesting thought though.

FM brass is okay to load for minor and where PF isn't an issue.

Depends who you talk to. There are numerous reports of this separation even in minor pf loads.
+1 you're better off not loading it at all