Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bens BOSS holster bracket

TANFARM

I loved mine. I originally bought a BladeTech DOH holster for my TS. I hated the way it hung. I ordered a BOSS unit and it was a marked improvement. Much more stable. I was using a regular leather belt at the time. I bought a DAA racer belt and mounted it to that. Perfection. Rigid, correct angles and easy to draw from. IMO, you will like it better than any unit out there other than a full race holster.

I never actually used my BOSS at a match. I had practiced drawing at home from it, but that's it. A week after I got the BOSS and used it to replace the DOH unit from the BladeTech holster, I saw a DAA Race Master Magnetic holster. I was hooked. I immediately ordered one and that is what I've been using for matches.

The BOSS and BlateTech just sit. If you are interested, I'll disassemble and sell you just the BOSS setup. PM if interested. BTW, you don't say what division you plan to shoot. If Limited or Open, check out the full race holsters before you buy anything. If any other divisions, the BOSS is the way to go.

I have not seen the Boss system in person but as a machinist I decided to make my own. The design is brilliantly simple and I imagine the Boss Holster Hanger is a rock solid product. I have them for SS, Prod and Revolver divisions. My son runs one and a few people at my club have requested one as well.

It's out of stock now but midsouth shooters supply has the safariland uspsa kit for 52$. Pair it with a 5198 holster off Amazon and be into a full adjustable holster for cheaper than the boss setup. Haven't used one yet but would love to try one.

Yes I use the USPSA kit on a 568 model Safariland and there is as much adjustment as any other race holster, it's the belt hanger off the 014 race holster.

Hello: Thanks for posting some pics of it on an actual holster. I had one of those holsters a long time ago it worked great for a couple of different guns I had. Looks like lots of hanger brackets options to choose from now. I think I will go with the Safariland instead of the Boss since it is more like my race holster setup. Thanks, Eric

I run one on my single stack rig with a comp tac holster .. In my opinion it's the best bracket for single stack makes it a lot easier on draws its just a all around great product would definitely recommend it

My son has the BOSS and I run the Springer. Both are awesome. The Springer is shorter and has less of a tendency to tilt the top if your gun in towards your body.

whats the springer?
It's a very nice aluminum drop offset.

Comes in multiple colors and they can do custom laser etching on the hanger.

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=321&categoryId=33

Edited by alma