BC27

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why the big move to 24&26 in barrels"

My understanding is that the longer barrels offer better sight radius, better velocities & better "swing" (target transition). And it line's up nicely when you have a 10+ Mag tube sticking out anyway.

I was lucky enough to win a Remington Versamax Comp during a 3 gun Nation match, I shot a demo stage and won the drawing. I received the gun and literally shot a match out-of-the box with zero issues. The only thing I have done to it is replace the charging handle with a bigger one, put a longer extension tube on it, and clean it once in awhile. Mine has a 12 +1 capacity and I only had one or two minor malfunctions in a year and a half of shooting it.

I shoot a Versamax as well, and the one additional modification I'd recommend in addition to the above is to reduce and bevel off the back of the plastic fore end ahead of the loading port. The 90 degree corner sitting a good quarter inch off the receiver likes to catch and disrupt the 3rd/4th shell on a quad load as you press the 1st/2nd shell in.

Other than that, very reliable, soft shooting, and with a massive 3.5" shell loading port that's really easy to hamfistedly slap shells into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

RolexJohn where did you find a performance shop model for $1500?? I've been starting to plan for a new shotgun as I'm getting into 3 gun and have been considering the M3K as after MOA gets done I would be in it for just about $1100, versus $2900 for an M2 from TTI. I would rather put the extra money towards ammo and possibly a reloader next year.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:29 PM, ShooterSmallz said:

RolexJohn where did you find a performance shop model for $1500?? I've been starting to plan for a new shotgun as I'm getting into 3 gun and have been considering the M3K as after MOA gets done I would be in it for just about $1100, versus $2900 for an M2 from TTI. I would rather put the extra money towards ammo and possibly a reloader next year.

NRA Instructor discount.  :)

Got the M3K from MOA amazing work. needed to use something faster than game loads. he does great work .  have about 300 round through it. runs great .  

Shot my old Remington 1100 side by side with the M3K . 1100 much softer shooter. no were as easy to load . and needs a bit more maintenance .  

I would not hesitate getting an M3K.  you can get a lot of practice for the difference between it and an M2. 

5 hours ago, RolexJohn said:

NRA Instructor discount.  :)

Need to find one of those discounts for myself! I'd definitely do that over the M3K. 

1911VM I'm still waiting to hear back from MOA to finalize pricing but I haven't had much luck in getting a response back to finalize it.

On 12/13/2016 at 4:40 AM, 1911vm said:

40+% NRA discount that is the first LOL

Did they ask you to get 4 lifetime  memberships  LMAO

Ps I am a an NRA instructor. I do not get that discount .  is there a code I need to use ? 

Edited by 1911vm

Ps I am a an NRA instructor. I do not get that discount .  is there a code I need to use ? 

No. Benelli doesn't have a formal program for NRA instructors like many other companies do. But if you call them they will extend you the same discount that they do there "Friends of the industry."

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 6:19 AM, 1911vm said:

I will call them Monday .for 1500$ that is a done deal. I know I just got a complete build from MOA but for that price. it's still worth it .  

Did you get the "friends of the industry" pricing? If so can you PM me your contact there? Thanks Jeff