Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me chose a 3 Gun Shotgun

BC27

According to me Benelli, Beretta and Waterfowl are the best shotgun. With these guns you can use muller choke tubes those are manufacturing since 1704. It is made with best quality stainless steel and designed to throw tighter and denser patterns than other ordinary choke tubes.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to me Benelli, Beretta and Waterfowl are the best shotgun. With these guns you can use muller choke tubes those are manufacturing since 1704. It is made with best quality stainless steel and designed to throw tighter and denser patterns than other ordinary choke tubes.

You make great chokes, I just wish I could throw slugs through the ceramic ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/1/2015 at 0:19 AM, BC27 said:

I think I've narrowed my choices to the Remington Versamax Competition Tactical and the Benelli M2 Field. I think I'm leaning towards the Versamax but most of what I've read is a year old now. Is the Versamax still a good choice over the Benelli? Is it worth getting the Comp model or just the Tactical?

I've owned both. Still own the Benelli. 

I'm waiting for my benelli to come in as we speak every time you see people talk three gun shotguns it's this one is almost as good as the benelli or it does the same as the benelli. That said to me the benelli guns are the bench mark of shotgun performance. Why would you want to buy anything else if you could afford it if they are all trying to beat the benchmark?  I did it easy buying a 930 pro and here I am a few years later getting what I should have then 

3 hours ago, Nathanb said:

I'm waiting for my benelli to come in as we speak every time you see people talk three gun shotguns it's this one is almost as good as the benelli or it does the same as the benelli. That said to me the benelli guns are the bench mark of shotgun performance. Why would you want to buy anything else if you could afford it if they are all trying to beat the benchmark?  I did it easy buying a 930 pro and here I am a few years later getting what I should have then 

I understand what you are saying but in my case I'm very restricted on what shotgun I shoot due to shoulder injuries. The only gun I've found that shoots soft enough is the Versamax. So I'm stuck with making it more a Remelli than a Remington. 

This thread could go on forever and ever. I've been fortunate to own a few. M3K, Benelli SBE 2 and an A5. They all can win and compete. The Stoeger is by far the easiest to load. The Benelli had the name and longevity. The A5 has auto load and major weight savings. All need good 2.75+ dram to run ultra reliably. The A5 and SBE both shoot almost all slugs poa/poi into a pretty cloverleaf. Benelli has the most accessories followed by Stoeger. A5 needs the least work in my opinion. Try them all though. What works for everyone else may not fit you at all. The 930 gets crapped on daily but it hasn't seemed to affect the folks in shootout lane. It all comes down to you and what works best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread was helpful for me in that I realized that anything will work. I'm likely never going to be a top competitor. I shouldered a bunch of guns and ended up with a Vinci. Need to remove some polymer from the lower reciever to make loading easier but after an RCI tube this thing is ready to go. With the Speedbolt I can shoot low power loads (was shooting low power 1 oz loads and reduces recoil slugs after only 10 full power rounds. Going to try some 7/8 oz next.) and the extended chokes will be nice for 3 gun and sporting clays as there is a shotgun club close to my home.

• 2 weeks later...

So last year I bought the Benelli M2 3-Gun Edition to see if I liked the M2...which I did.  This year I went "Big Willy" and ordered an M2 from Benelli and had it sent to Taran Tactical Innovations for their 3-Gun Package.  I took a few studio shots of it this morning.  Very impressive shotgun:

FY7A4155-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Edited by RolexJohn

On 3/1/2017 at 11:08 AM, RolexJohn said:

So last year I bought the Benelli M2 3-Gun Edition to see if I liked the M2...which I did.  This year I went "Big Willy" and ordered an M2 from Benelli and had it sent to Taran Tactical Innovations for their 3-Gun Package.  I took a few studio shots of it this morning.  Very impressive shotgun:

FY7A4155-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

My god man, that is a thing of beauty. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, troupe said:

Stoeger for the money

Especially if it's from MOA . it's literally 1/3 of a M2 . 

Do not get me wrong M2 is a better options if money is not a consideration.