Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELS setups

D.Hayden

There's probably a good thread on this, but I got 600+ results searching for Safariland ELS belts

Is there a good 'idiots guide to ELS' thread out there?

I like the concept, but seems a lot of people don't like the belt and use DAA or something similar? And if you do that you punch your own holes?

Is it easy to convert pouches from TekLok to ELS?

Weak search foo.. thanks.. Dave

Is it easy to convert pouches from TekLok to ELS?

Without having owned ELS pouches, most accessories will say something like TekLok/ELS compatible or "holes drilled for TekLok and ELS mounting." It's a matter of removing the TekLok and adding the ELS fork. Just the holes have to be in the right place.

That said, if you already have TekLok stuff, what benefit are you seeking from the ELS mounting?

butch..why did you skip the Safariland belt? it's just too weak/flimsy? I have a few CR 1.50" belts, will those work, or do I need to go to a 1.75" like the Safariland

Why: Just for 3 Gun.. I'd like to have the capability to change my setups faster for a stage.

butch..why did you skip the Safariland belt? it's just too weak/flimsy? I have a few CR 1.50" belts, will those work, or do I need to go to a 1.75" like the Safariland

Why: Just for 3 Gun.. I'd like to have the capability to change my setups faster for a stage.

safariland belt too flimsy for me. cr 1.5" is all you need. buy a few els clip kits from brownell's and be on with it!

Thanks Chris.

So when you guys are 'drilling' the holes, do you only drill for what you're currently using?

I actually used a soldering iron to burn the holes, but yes...only where they are needed. I was using the same Taccom caddies with Tec-loks before making the switch to ELS clips. So I already knew where I wanted my caddies to be in relation to the belt.

I think tonight is the last night but use THANKYOU on safarilands website for 30% off.

I saw that post.. that got me thinking now's the time, ordered a few kits and some extra mounts... And free shipping.. thanks!

Drill holes in my double-alpha and smoothed them out with a soldering iron. Works like a charm with the ELS clips. I didnt like the safariland belt because yes it was too flimsy. When I would reach down to rip out a quad, it would rock the entire belt up and down about 6 inches.

Drill holes in my double-alpha and smoothed them out with a soldering iron. Works like a charm with the ELS clips. I didnt like the safariland belt because yes it was too flimsy. When I would reach down to rip out a quad, it would rock the entire belt up and down about 6 inches.

Ditto. Have been using ELS on a CRC Speed Hi-Torque for over 2 years now. Best set up I have found so far.

Plus, I can put it on myself, which is nice if you get squadded with "potential" new friends. :)

Anyone do the holes differently? I'm thinking of making a little jig that would position the holes every [x] inches to make the belt more versatile (sort of like a jig to drill shelve supports).

Probably when I get my first set, I can determine the right spacing

Another option to check how you want to set it up, (since you already have Tekloks) is to mount the ELS 35 receiver plate directly to your Teklok. Then you can mount the ELS 34 forks to your gear like you normally would. This way you can test out spacing before you start making holes.

I have a few Tekloks set up this way that I bring to matches in case I need to loan my ELS-gear to anyone who doesnt have an ELS belt.

Let me know if my post doesnt make sense and you need a pic.

FWIW I use the ELS belt and I dont have any issues with it. I dont have as much experience as the other guys above me, and I have never tried a CR belt, so I may not know what I am missing! I'd probably take their advice, but just throwing it out there.

Also I "buckle" my belt at about the 4:00 location (just behind my holster) and have no poblems getting in on.

I think tonight is the last night but use THANKYOU on safarilands website for 30% off.

I saw that post.. that got me thinking now's the time, ordered a few kits and some extra mounts... And free shipping.. thanks!

Glad I could help.

Just to add my .02

I use an ELS belt with the CR velcro under it and i can't tell the difference between the belts.

I did try to drill holes in my CR belt, but I have moved them around enough times i wouldnt have much belt left now if I continued to use it ;)

Edited by usmc1094

• 1 month later...

thanks everyone for the tips

drilling the CR Speed belt worked great.

I drilled just the center holes at the same spacing as the attachments.. (about every 3/4" haven't need anything else to this point), on a drill press using a little spacing jig I made. Drill press was just faster than doing it with a hand drill

Then ran the soldering iron through all the holes

• 1 year later...
On 10/1/2015 at 11:40 AM, MarkCO said:

Ditto. Have been using ELS on a CRC Speed Hi-Torque for over 2 years now. Best set up I have found so far.

Plus, I can put it on myself, which is nice if you get squadded with "potential" new friends. :)

Mark,

did you use the ELS belt as a template, or just use the clips as a guide?   Did you put the holes all the way around the belt?

2 hours ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

Mark,

did you use the ELS belt as a template, or just use the clips as a guide?   Did you put the holes all the way around the belt?

Just used the 035 female bracket as a guide.  I only put the holes where I needed them.

I have since switched to the Carbon Arms CARBS belt for most matches and a DSG belt for Precision and the more physical matches.

The best combination for me was to use the els leather belt with a cr speed inner belt. The safariland inner belt is flimsy but the outer belt is rock solid. Also add the carbon arms ratchet system in the back and it stays super tight and easy to put on.