Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swage It XL650 Pocket Swager on Ebay

Raydee38

Looks like g.s customs copied the swage it and has it for a lower price the on press swaging for the Dillon 650 is heating up... I will say there was no reason to take a jab at the swage it especially when they pretty much copied the design. I have no problem with competion but let the product speak for itself.

G.S.Custom "The Answer" swage it primer pocket swager/uniformer for Dillon XL650

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-S-Custom-The-Answer-swage-it-primer-pocket-swager-uniformer-for-Dillon-XL650-/222028272430?hash=item33b1ea932e:g:XqoAAOSwx-9WxqBz

This is the description from eBay

Due to the demand for a solid swager we are now offering both styles(our original swager and our new "The answer" of swagers for an Great price. We improved the solid design by making it a ultra quick change (threads to base with a grade 8, military approved threaded stud) and not having to fumble with a clip to retain the swager only to still have it wobble in it's holder which will only get looser with time.

Our swager is so precise that the thread to the center of the swager and to it's holder is machined to .0005 of an inch. This would be an hair from your head split 6 X.

Like in the past our new swager comes with both large and small pins. for an awesome price!

We have also paid very close attention to the timing (over all length) to insure you will not over power your press before you hit the solid stop, So, just like the original GSCustom swager they are both designed to come to a positive stop for a stress free repeatable swage every time.

Our new swager is a solid as it comes and can be changed over in 30 seconds or less with no need to change your primer system in any way.

Our swager is also made out of heat treated tool steel and will outlast ANY swage rod made of SS that is not heat treated or case hardened steel by 100X the life. You will NEVER wear this swager out unless you put 3 million parts through it and then maybe you will see some wear.

How do I know that ? I'm a senior level engineer in the precision stamping business and at high speeds that would be our standard before we would check a form/coining/swaging punch for wear. 90 % of what we stamp is 1/4 to spring hard brass and copper.

So, we could say it is based on a 29 year case study, not armchair engineering! over the last 2 1/2 years and thousands of swager sales, we have yet to have a request for a new swage pin do to it's SUPER wear resistance and toughness!!!!

Do your self a favor, buy a swager from the company that has 2 1/2 years of thousands of sales, and high praise of quality swagers. Just take a look at our feed back and see for yourself how reputable or swagers are

You can still purchase our original spring loaded swager that makes the same quality swage as the new 'The Answer" or the swage it but at far less cost. How can you go wrong ?

You may ask how can you make it so much more inexpensive ? Well, I manufacture in house(No middle man) on our state of the art CNC , standard packaging, what are you going to do with expensive packaging. I'm pretty sure you would throw it away just as you would with the standard, No fancy photos, We prefer to leave the things that don't matteras plain as possible thus giving you the very best price possible with the most accurate machining and the best tool steel on the market.

We will NEVER cut back on our quality!!!

At some point I would feel VERY guilty of over charging for this high quality swager. I could charge the same price as the swage it, but, we are a small community and we must all band together to maintain our "Right to Bear Arms" and not take advantage of one another.

This is not implying the "Swage It" is over priced as I don't know their manufacture cost, but I do know what our cost is and we have turned that into a win, win for both parties.

Our swager also comes with our standard lifetime warranty regardless of original purchaser.

Thank you for considering "The Answer".

G.S.Custom president,

Geoff Swanson

WE ARE IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH DILLON PRECISION.

Edited by Smeeg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cheaper by a lot, but it is still GS Custom...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Swage it-large and small primers $130 shipped or 100 shipped for one size primer

G.s customs "the answer"-large and small primers only-$94 shipped

Difference is $36 For both size primers or if you only need one size primer $6 I wouldn't call that cheaper by a lot I don't own either but am interestead. for me the price difference is negligible. And would purchase wich ever one works better I hope someone can buy both and do a head to head comparison.

Also it's intersting there using two different metals I'm not an engineer so no claims or speculation to wich is better

Swage it-stainless steel

G.s customs-tool steel

Edited by Smeeg

The tool steel being better over stainless steel may or may not be true. It depends on the tool steel, how well it's hardened and the type of stainless. I good quality tool steel heat treated to the proper hardness will last a long time against brass, but I've also seen stainless that was incredibly tough, especially that used in the nuclear industry, which may account for the difference in price between the two. Coating the tool steel with one of the many extremely hard coatings available would make it even better, but would also drive up the price.

• 11 months later...

As others have said, avoid GS custom products. I purchased one of Geoff Swanson's original swagers and it never worked. Rarely received responses to my requests for help. Finally had an offer to resolve it but there was no follow-through after many many asks. Responds quickly though if you are a new customer, once he has your money good luck. The lifetime warranty doesn't really exist, false claims.

Edited by i_really_love_guns

I haven't, nor would I ever, use one of these swagers, as they don't support the case and seem to rely upon shell plate for that. Having recently added a  S1050 to my press collection, and having now processed various 5.56 brass, I cannot imagine using one of these aftermarket swagers on LC or FC brass. My experience has been with 5.56  brass and some brands swage much easier than others, so the aftermarket stuff might work for that, but I wouldn't put one on one of my Dillon's.