Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multiple Firearm Purchases

Thaunk

As an FFL, the multiple firearms form only applies to handguns and I have multiple customers who buy a couple at a time and it hasn't made any difference in delays. I haven't had anyone do 10 guns at a time, but the number of firearms isn't sent to NICS when I do a background check, only the type (handgun, longgun, and other such as a lower).

The multiple firearms form only applying to handguns is true for Washington State but some states must report sales of multiple rifles. These forms are sent to NICS in all states.

I don't think doing one of these forms is a big deal for the buyer or the dealer. On the dealers side doing one is better then your paper work looking like your avoid ATF rules.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Couple of weeks ago I received a call from our Regional ATF to very my recent purchases.(5 guns and 7K Rounds of ammunition all with a 45 day period) The whole conversation was very brief and professional. First question was: Why the purchases? I answered: I shoot USPSA etc, and I want to try 3 gun this year, so I was getting ready for upcoming season.

She wished me good luck and that was it.

I told my local FFL about it (where I received the majority of the guns when shipped) and he stated it was most likely the ammunition that through up the red flag rather than the guns. I buy from Freedom Munitions and had them shipped to me direct.

Bottom line; yea, the Feds appear to be watching. But when the call you it seems to be no big deal just vetting. On a side note, I purchased another gun last weekend at a show and the on line check was just as fast as my local dealer from his shop. It was instantaneous.