Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II vs. Limited Pro

bayougump

I recently picked up a Limited Pro as it was I think the only Tanfo I hadn't owned, (I got a problem I know, lol) and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed.

I owned a Stock I and just never got a liking for it. I have always thought since I started shooting my Stock II's that one couldn't get a better Production gun than it. I figured the Lim Pro would be too similar to the Stock I which is why I never got one. Now that I've shot it some, I must say it's really growing on me. Can I say it's better than the Stock II? No or at least not yet but the longer sight radius and the balance is really nice and the gun transitions very well.

Anyone else own both and feel the same way?

• 6 months later...

I recently bought one of each, Stock 2 and Limited Pro.

For me, through the past 3000 rounds I have liked the Limited Pro more and more... Granted that I switched from MP9 Pro 5 inch. Maybe the 5 inch barrel pointing just feels more natural to me.

I know the science behind the design says Stock 2 should give you faster splits, but shooting them side by side on the same drill, I am also getting slightly faster splits with Limited Pro. It is also just as accurate as the Stock 2, at least at 25 yards range.

Analyzing slow motion close up video of me shooting both, it does show the muzzle flip on the Limited Pro is more obvious than the Stock 2. However, my objective feeling is that the Limited Pro tracks better :) It is definitely growing on me.

I am curious why Limited Pro has not become more popular in Production.

I had both guns, and recently sold the Stock II to buy another lim pro for a back up gun. I like the longer sight radius on the lim pro and for me it transitions better.

Who here has switched out the safeties on the LimPro to the slim S2 safeties? Have you ever had any issues fitting a LimPro in the USPSA box with its stock safeties?

I ran Stock II safeties on mine for a little while. I liked them but occasionally my index finger would flip the ambi side on safe. I switched back to just a strong side safety. The ambi safeties that came on both my lim pros would not allow the lid to close on the uspsa box.

I recently bought one of each, Stock 2 and Limited Pro.

For me, through the past 3000 rounds I have liked the Limited Pro more and more... Granted that I switched from MP9 Pro 5 inch. Maybe the 5 inch barrel pointing just feels more natural to me.

I know the science behind the design says Stock 2 should give you faster splits, but shooting them side by side on the same drill, I am also getting slightly faster splits with Limited Pro. It is also just as accurate as the Stock 2, at least at 25 yards range.

Analyzing slow motion close up video of me shooting both, it does show the muzzle flip on the Limited Pro is more obvious than the Stock 2. However, my objective feeling is that the Limited Pro tracks better :) It is definitely growing on me.

I am curious why Limited Pro has not become more popular in Production.

I think plainly because a couple of the worlds best shooters use a S2 it made that gun much more popular. The lim pro is in my opinion much more well rounded for many shooters.

I think plainly because a couple of the worlds best shooters use a S2 it made that gun much more popular. The lim pro is in my opinion much more well rounded for many shooters.

Makes for a nice Limited minor pistol for 3-gun.

post-3273-0-25857900-1459538846_thumb.jp

BayouGump, I have followed your Tanfo addiction on this forum for a while..... you do have a problem, but it could possibly be the best one to have IMO.

Edited by Matt229

Personally, I haven't found the LimPro to feel as good as the S2 to maneuver and shoot - and I'm a guy who likes pistols with long sight radius. I still prefer S2 > S3 > LimPro -- but I don't dislike any of them :)

I have shot both back to back and there a difference that is noticeable when you really start shooting fast arrays. That extra weight out front really calms down that front sight.

yup, I have not had a chance to shoot a lim pro to do a direct comparison but I love the weight up front of the stock 2.

I've owned both the StockII and Limited Pro for USPSA Production. From my perspective there wasn't any difference between the two guns that wasn't superficial (wrinkles in grip tape, brighter fiber). I ended up getting trigger work done on my Stock II and kept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a Stock 2 and Limited Pro . I think ( for me personally ) the difference between the two is negligible as I seem to be able to track the same with both . However , I am curious about shooting a Stock 3 for more than just a mag or two . I have a buddy who shoots a Stock 3 and I fired two mags out of his just to try it and for me it seemed very nose heavy and didn't transition as fast . Again that is only with two mags so I would need some time with it for a fair comparison . I don't think you could go wrong with any of them really , but my personal preference is the Stock 2 .

• 8 months later...
On 9/24/2015 at 11:58 AM, norbs007 said:

Love mine as well for the exact reason... just finished the trigger job on my S3 and will compare that with the Limited Pro.

tanfos.jpg

Hey norbs007,

I know this is off topic but, I see you have both Henning and EG grips.  What ones do you prefer?  Are the Henning grips any wider?

Regarding the grips, just found this info.

FACTORY WOOD GRIPS:    1.370" THICKNESS
        FACTORY PLASTIC GRIPS:    1.270" THICKNESS
        HENNING ALUM GRIPS:    1.200" THICKNESS

SSI Scales are supposed to be 1.285". I've got the scales on my S2 now, really like them over the wood thickness.