Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 2011 mag capacity

Red Ryder

with my mbx mags i get 24 reloadable with my sti tubes with grams springs and followers i get 23 reloadable

How do you like your MBX's? I just ordered a few of them for 9mm and hope I can get them to run without having to run multiple different brands of equipment in a single tube.

Red Ryder, I've heard the MBX's are at 24 reloadable, as well. I'll confirm this when mine arrive.

with my mbx mags i get 24 reloadable with my sti tubes with grams springs and followers i get 23 reloadable

How do you like your MBX's? I just ordered a few of them for 9mm and hope I can get them to run without having to run multiple different brands of equipment in a single tube.

Red Ryder, I've heard the MBX's are at 24 reloadable, as well. I'll confirm this when mine arrive.

I have a number of the 140mm 9mm MBX and they have run flawless.

With the original flat follower, I could get 24 in them and it was about 50/50 split of being reloadable or super-tight. With the Ver2 follower in there now, 23 reloadable on all of them........can't really get 24 in IMO.

STI tubes, Grams spring and follower, 9 mm Spacer and Taran Tactical 3G base pads I get 22 reloadable and 23 on a start with 1 in the chamber for 24 rounds. Be sure you do not get the 4G base pads from Taran as they will let the spacer fall too far down and create problems with loading and the dreaded salt shaker mag.

I use the 140mm MBX mags on duty. They have ran flawless for me if I use round nose bullets, not so much with the flat points (I believe the 1.150 OAL works better than the flat point 1.050 OAL). The STI Tactical 2011 in 9mm on my hip has 25 rounds in it. The two mags on my belt I only load to 23 rounds to guarantee a consistent seat on the reload, not worth it dropping the mag for one extra round. I also have a 140mm STI tube with a DP basepad and Grams spring and follower combo, it will hold 24+1 (but it is really tight, I have to use a speed loader to make it fit) and re-loadable to 23 rounds.

I get 24+1 with an SV tube, TTI 7G basepad with TTI 11-coil spring & TTI Ultimate follower.

Does this pass the USPSA 140mm mag gauge?

I don't think so. The 7G is intended to be used with the 140mm tubes in Open to get max capacity & easy reloadabilty.

Edited by warpspeed

What are the differences among the TT 3g, 4g, and 7g base pads?

3G has a tighter slot that the ledge on the bottom of the tube goes into. I had one on an STI tube w/ TTI spacer, follower, and spring and only got 22 in the mag. It was a pain to remove with the spacer in. Fits 140mm mag gage.

4G has a bit wider slot and I easily got 23 in each mag with same TTI guts. Some of mine reload easier with 23 than others, but I always try to download my reload mags to 22 unless I really need one more round. Fits 140mm mag gage.

7G is made for Open division mags. No experience with it, but my understanding is you may get 24 rounds, but it will not fit the 140mm mag gage. If you get caught you will bump to Open.

I never had any problems with STI tubes, TTI 4G2 base pads, and TTI spacer, follower, and spring. I did modify follower to not lock back on empty.

• 2 months later...

I would get the TTI 3G base pad, with Grams springs and follower and either Hardy or TTI spacer. The 4G really offers on advantage as your still gonna get 23 rounds in the mag with either. For a 22 round mag, grams springs and follower and a standard STI mag with the factory plastic spacer and basepad works well and saves about 40 a mag since your not buying the basepad and spacer