Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SWC's in Stock II, 9mm

NickD

Anyone shoot SWC's in their 9mm Stock II in minor PF? I use Bullseye exclusively so concerned with accuracy, feeding issues. Bayou Bullets has some 150gn that look interesting. I shoot their 200gn SWC's in my Limited 45 all the time and love them. I am a target shooter and shoot mostly cream puff loads at 25 yds but bump it up for 50, the SWC's cut really clean holes in paper. I have never tried them in 9mm before so looking for your experiences.

Never tried any 9mm but my Tanfo Limited HATED 175g SWC. They simply would not feed. I didn't do extensive tests but I tried a few different OALs and none worked. They do make pretty holes though

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered 100 of the 150 swc and 100 of the 147 fp to try. Also got 1k of the 135 rn, I know they'll work. All are Hi-Tek coated.

My Limited .45 loves the Hi-Tek 200 swc @ 1.250.

I shoot 147 Bayous and love them and have had zero issues with them in my Stock II's

I have read lots of positive results using the 147's. Noticed your crono chart using Tight Group, very impressive. Hoping my Bullseye will get me similar results with them. Only ordered 100 but should have them by Thur.

I shoot 147 Bayous and love them and have had zero issues with them in my Stock II's

I have read lots of positive results using the 147's. Noticed your crono chart using Tight Group, very impressive. Hoping my Bullseye will get me similar results with them. Only ordered 100 but should have them by Thur.

Titegroup is extremely consistent. My ES and SD are always great when using Titegroup

The usual caveat for a Tanfoglio is "check the overall length carefully!" They have a pretty short leade (the area just ahead of the chamber where diameters decrease from "chamber diameter" to "bore diameter" and the rifling begins).

I'd suggest loading a dummy to the length that you think is close. Using your removed barrel as a case gauge, drop it in. After pressing it in to ensure that it is seated, attempt to spin the cartridge. If it spins, the bullet is not stuck in the rifling. If it doesn't, shorten the round a little and try again. Repeat until it will.

Note: Since you're using a lead bullet, you may have to load separate dummies for this exercise. It's difficult to deepen the seating of a lead bullet without the crimped case mouth turning up a little burr of lead, which will interfere with the test.