Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 USPSA LTD/Open Nationals lack of updates...... WTF?

CHA-LEE

I've had a few email conversations with Jake Martens a couple months back. I asked about the registration times, as I was flying on Saturday from the West coast, and didn't think I could get there Saturday. Also, working on my departure, I wanted to know about the awards and prize table.

He said registration would CLOSE at 6pm on Saturday.

Awards etc., will be given after the appropriate waiting period the SAME day of each division's finish. Tues eve for Limited, Sat eve for Open/L10.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the National's coordinator at HQ early yesterday morning. She said she had no idea when registration would be, but that she would try to find out and get back to me.

I then called Universal Shooting Academy figuring that they would know since their range is being rented for this purpose. The person who answered said that they had nothing to do with the match other than being the host facility, and that I would have to ask someone at HQ.

I guess I'll just assume it closes at 6pm as stated above. Trying to plan out when my group and I need to start the ~8 hour drive down there on Saturday. At least we have the luxury of adjusting our departure time easily. I feel bad for those that are flying in and have not been given this information sooner.

Edited by uod

I had heard that slots would be given to walk-ins for shooter's slots who did not make Saturday's registration. Jake said there would be USPSA contact info given for those flying in late Saturday in order to hold the slots till Sunday. Maybe not an issue now.

Squad Matrix for the upcoming Handgun Nationals

Registration will be 1:00pm till 5:00pm for Limited Saturday October 3rd

Registration will be 1:00pm till 5:00pm for Open/L10 Wednesday October 7th

Additional information can be found here:

Why isn't all of this information on the USPSA Nationals website? Or better yet, e-mailed to all of the registered competitors? They have everyone's e-mail address since they are using the USPSA online self squading as that is a requirement of using that match management function.

Does USPSA simply hope that competitors will find all of this out via the grape vine or random internet searching. If a "WTF is going on" thread on the Brian Enos forum is the primary location for the match information that isn't a good thing.

Why isn't all of this information on the USPSA Nationals website? Or better yet, e-mailed to all of the registered competitors? They have everyone's e-mail address since they are using the USPSA online self squading as that is a requirement of using that match management function.

Does USPSA simply hope that competitors will find all of this out via the grape vine or random internet searching. If a "WTF is going on" thread on the Brian Enos forum is the primary location for the match information that isn't a good thing.

Can't count how many times I just wanted to cancel this trip to shoot Nationals. Feel like a second class citizen by the way everything up to this point has been handled. Pay more because I did not win, told three different things in 24hrs by "Official website" IM with office, and email. Almost all of it partly wrong.

It doesn't matter what else is going on in the shooting sports this is USPSA's top of the year event to be run by the President.

What a joke this has become! Is it any wonder why people are leaving?

This would have to be the best match of my life for me to ever think of going through this again.

Yesterday after months of silence USPSA blew up Facebook with all of the sponsors, did they just sign on Sunday night? Every year for decades there has been a Nationals, why is it so messed up this year.

Very disappointed with USPSA.

Maybe cause is not in the Great State of Utah or in the Desert. I guess it's one way of saying never have it on the East Coast again??? Another case of ball dropped. Thank you again...

Edited by a matt

Jake or anyone else who has information:

Can you please clarify the statements by "awfaxis" in post #53 regarding registered shooters who will not arrive on Saturday and miss registration. He seems to imply that if you don't show up at registration, your slot is given away.

As a registered shooter who will not be showing up until Sunday morning, I would like to make sure that my slot is not give it away by contacting the appropriate person. Thanks in advance, Adam.

Hello: I have gone to 5 nationals and was not really impressed on how they are run. I know part of it is manpower that is needed to make it run with a short list of staff. To give you an idea how small nationals is there will be less than 700 people shooting it. The National sporting clay match will have over 2000 with all of the major gun makers there. The other thing is that there are some really great area matches and state matches that people like going to. It is a fun time but I still think Vegas was a great place to have it. Thanks, Eric

a matt: I lived in South Texas for 16 years so I know about the south part. I think most people think that the nationals should be the best match of the year, I know I did the first time. I have shot local matches with better stages that where setup in an hour or so. I hope next years nationals will be better than this years. It should get bigger, better and a must shoot every year. Time will tell. Thanks, Eric

a matt: I lived in South Texas for 16 years so I know about the south part. I think most people think that the nationals should be the best match of the year, I know I did the first time. I have shot local matches with better stages that where setup in an hour or so. I hope next years nationals will be better than this years. It should get bigger, better and a must shoot every year. Time will tell. Thanks, Eric

Last year was my first Nationals match in St. George. I found those stages to be great and the match ran smooth. Even with a hail and rain, I thought everything went well. You didn't find the stages okay?

Hello: I shot St George 2 years ago and it was a good match. Well run but the town closes down and finding a food place that is open late is a problem. The range is great and if I had known I would have brought my shotgun to shoot trap and skeet. Vegas just has more to offer for families or those using there vacation time also. The range is not the greatest but there is another range there also that could be used possibly? I guess we will see what happens for next year. Good luck to all that are shooting the nationals, hit all A's. Thanks, Eric

My favorite piece of lack of info so far is not releasing who the official match ammo suppliers are until just days before the event. so if you wanted to use them you had no time to make an order to test their products in your gun, and one of them is out of stock of the ammo most shooters would pick.

If I wanted to drive down and watch some Open competition, cruise the vendors and test-drive some guns (if possible), which would be the best day?

With the complete lack of organization from USPSA, I would not count on there being much in the way of vendors, if any, and almost certainly no test guns or anywhere to fire them.

Companies scheduled to be set up in vendor area during the match

1. STI Internationals

2. Atlanta Arms & Ammo

3. Atlas Gun Works

4. Brazo’s Custom Gunworks

5. Safariland

6. Limcat Custom

7. TAC-SCI

8. Mak 7 Reloading

9. Universal Academy Pro Shop

10. Glock

11. Black Scorpion Outdoor Gear

12. Ernie Hill Speed

13. Decot Hywyd

14. Double Alpha Academy

1. STI Internationals

2. Atlanta Arms & Ammo

3. Atlas Gun Works

4. Brazo’s Custom Gunworks

5. Safariland

6. Limcat Custom

7. TAC-SCI

8. Mak 7 Reloading

10. Glock

12. Ernie Hill Speed

13. Decot Hywyd

14. Double Alpha Academy

Thanks, and that information was where? I'm happy there will be so many vendors at the match compared to the desert wastelands of the vendors tents the last couple of Nationals I've been too.

1. STI Internationals

2. Atlanta Arms & Ammo

3. Atlas Gun Works

4. Brazos Custom Gunworks

5. Safariland

6. Limcat Custom

7. TAC-SCI

8. Mak 7 Reloading

10. Glock

12. Ernie Hill Speed

13. Decot Hywyd

14. Double Alpha Academy

Thanks, and that information was where? I'm happy there will be so many vendors at the match compared to the desert wastelands of the vendors tents the last couple of Nationals I've been too.
It was here and posted on the Facebook page, it was finalized yesterday from the sponsor coordinator. Sometimes you have to wait for the vendors to confirm, but yes there has been more response from vendors