Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Galaxy S5 - Upgrade to S6?

And just saw that the S6 no longer has a sim card (big deal breaker for me with a zillion contacts on the sim card) and the battery cannot be removed. Another bummer. Looks like I won't be jumping to an S6.

Anyone have an experience with HTC phones?

I use the S5 and like it. My Son's girlfriend just got the S6 Edge. Camera (which I use a lot) is more clear, screen is brighter, unit is smaller (I liked that).

Cannot replace the battery. I didn't like that at all since I use spare batteries rather than charging the phone itself. I have a battery charger. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Battery-Charger-Replacement/dp/B00ITI22HY

After seeing her phone, I like it and would change if my S5 dies.

Definitely no removable battery, but I though the S6 still has a sim card. Its one of those where you have to open the little door with a paper clip or what not, like Iphones.

I am still rocking an S4 which is desperately in need of replacement. I am looking at the LG G4. It has a replaceable battery, optional leather back, and supposedly really nice camera. Largest aperture on the market.

I'd be interested to hear others thoughts too!

Right on the android for the S6. We got silly on that one.

BigJoni upgraded from an S4 to an S6 yesterday, and everything went rock solid. The installed the app Smart Switch on both phones, which moved all her apps, contacts, pics, and even text messages to the new phone.

My S5 has become super buggy... apps launch themselves, the camera comes on and starts snapping pics in my pocket, a text will launch and have a bunch of gibberish typed in it, I'll have to plug it in 15 times before it starts charging...

I'll be getting an S6 real soon.

The only question left... Do I get the EDGE?

:)

Looks like I might be sticking to the S5 for a bit.

BigJoni, yesterday, asked me if I had any sort of lock screen security. I didn't; I just swipe with no security. So I changed it to require a specific pattern to be swiped. Since that moment it hasn't randomly launched a single app.

Two-part diagnosis... I wear the same brand of shorts every day. The inside of the pockets are made of a fishnet / mesh-type material.

In the left pocket with the phone - with the screen always facing "in" - is (always) a pair of fold-up reading glasses. The glasses typically migrate to the side of the phone where the on/power button is. I've noticed that right next to the power button is their favorite place to ride.

Today I turned off the lock screen security, pushed the power button to activate the lock screen, put the phone in my pocket and slid the screen up and down against my leg. Guess what happened. Apps started launching like wildfire. It would even change to the next home screen and launch apps from it.

I took the phone out of my pocket, pulled the pocket out of the shorts, and with the lock screen on, tried to operate the phone with my finger - through both layers of the pocket. Wouldn't work. So apparently just one layer of the mesh pocket material is not enough to insulate the skin on my leg from operating the phone.

Thanks to BigJoni!

:cheers: