Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My wallet is going to hate me!

Fearless4x4

Discovering this airsoft sub forum will not be good for my wallet.

I have 3 boys, 10, 8, and 7, (and their 4 y.o. sister more than likely) that I know would absolutely love being able so simulate shooting a match like daddy does.

My question is this: Where would the best place to order 3 sets (probably 4) of 1911 or 2011 style blow back pistols be. I don't want to blow a bunch of money as I have to buy everything in at least triplicate. But I don't want them to break immediately either.

Anyone give any advice as to how complicated (or even possible) compressed air conversions would be? Running a compressor is much more cost efficient than buying that much green gas would be.

I have all sorts of ideas for stages to set up in the yard for them. I'm not sure who is going to be more excited, me or them. Lol

Thanks Y'all.

Don't buy green gas. Use this with a WalMart throw-away propane cylinder instead -> http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Crusader-ProA1-Propane-Adapter/dp/B00B8YRHH6/ref=pd_sim_200_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=10YA10WQ65453RD36JN7. Much cheaper.

As for getting a GBB for the kids, I'd recommend getting a WE HiCapa with a couple extra mags. For example -> http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_25_130&products_id=1069. In fact, AirsoftGI is a good stateside dealer to work with. I've bought many an item from them when I was doing milsim airsoft a few years back. You can find stuff cheaper overseas, but then you have shipping to deal with.

Just my 2 cents....

These are probably going to be Christmas gifts. So I don't mind buying four sets. I'm more of a quality instead of quantity gift giver. But that being said, I don't want to go berserk spending a ton of money.

Thanks for the link. I'll look into it more in depth.

I have very few complaints about my KJW hi capa. I caught it on sale at evike for less than $100 and got a CO2 magazine for an extra $10, which is handy for winter time when the gas mags do not perform all that well. I've got about 10k rounds through it with little issue. The only real complaint I have is that it shoots way high with .2 g bb's, like two inches high at 7 yards. I've switched to .30g bb's and the accuracy is much better, but the bb's don't run as well. I think it is a bb issue and not a gun issue though. The other minor complaint is that the orange nozzle is painted on the barrel and not a plastic removable nozzle, so that causes some fit issues with my holster as I don't want to take a hacksaw to the outer barrel. There are probably nicer, more expensive, 2011 clones, but I'd buy another KJW tomorrow if mine crapped out on me.

2nd on the propane adapter. Get that, some coleman camp fuel, and some liquid silicone and you are good to go. Waaaaayyyyy cheaper than green gas. I'm intrigued by the compressor conversions, but then you are tethered to the compressor and can't do any reloading drills, so I'll keep running the gas mags.

Edited by tha1000

So far I've given three WE HiCapa pistols as Christmas gifts. I included a nice pistol case and two extra magazines in each gift box. Tossed in a propane adapter after they had trouble getting green gas locally.

The kids do not shoot their airsoft guns as often as I do mine, but the probably have at least 2500 BBs through the least shot pistol with no problems.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a KWC CO2 powered blowback.

It's the one licensed by Colt.

It works exactly like a 1911, in every detail.

I bought it from Pyramyd Air and there's a very good video review on their web site.

I've had it for less than a year and so far, so good.

Edited by g.willikers

• 4 weeks later...

+1 on the propane, over the green gas as it appears it is green in name only! Most are a mix of propane and other gases. Also check out the supplies on Amazon by looking you can find better prices than local, And get your reloaders for the BB's from Amazone look for the three packs a lot cheaper than the crossmans 2 packs at Wally World. The loaders all appear tpo be made in the same factory in China and with kids they will break fast. Follow the oring lube info from the gun and mags. Remember that using propane in low temps will cause it to loose power/pressure fast. The adapters from the propane cylinder to mags are on Amazon. Along with aluminum BB's